The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and PM Modi say nothing happened in the last 70 years. But yesterday, finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman decided to sell the assets that has been built over the last 70 years says Rahul Gandhi.
- Prime Minister is not working for India Prime Minister is working for its monopolists.
- Modi Govt wants to benefit its few industrialist friends through National Monetisation Pipeline.
- We are not against privatization but our privatization plan had a logic. We didn’t privatize strategic industries & we consider Railways as strategic industry because it transports lakhs of crores of people and also employs lots of people.
- BJP says nothing happened in India for 70 years, but now all assets created in 70 years being sold.
- We privatized chronically loss-making industries. We privatized the companies that had minimal market share. We didn’t privatize government enterprises with the potential of checking private sector monopoly in a particular sector.
Raising funds can’t be sole goal for selling assets built over 70 years: P Chidambaram
All stakeholders including employees, worker unions, farmers must be consulted before embarking on such large sale of assets: Chidambaram
This exercise (privatisation) has been designed without any ex-ante criteria. The govt should have spelt out what its criteria & goals were. You don’t embark upon such a big exercise without first setting out the criteria & what your goals are.