WeForNews | Latest News, Breaking News, News Updates Plea seeks AG consent to initiate contempt action against Swara Bhaskar | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Plea seeks AG consent to initiate contempt action against Swara Bhaskar

The plea has been filed by advocates Anuj Saxena, Prakash Sharma, and Mahek Maheshwari.

Published

on

Swara Bhaskar at Jamia

New Delhi, Aug 18 : A plea has been filed before the Attorney General of India K.K. Venugopal to initiate criminal contempt proceedings against Bollywood actress Swara Bhaskar for her alleged derogatory remarks against the Supreme Court in connection with its verdict in the Ayodhya title dispute.

The plea said Swara had passed a derogatory statement in context with the apex court and the judicial institution of the country.

The plea cited that in February, a society identified as Mumbai Collective organised a conference in which Bhaskar was a panelist and while addressing the conference, she made a statement derogatory and scandalous in nature, putting a big question on the judiciary and its integrity to the Constitution.

“Moreover, the alleged contemnor (Bhaskar) seemingly provoking the address to resist against the judicial institution of this nation… objectionable statement is not only a cheap stunt of publicity to gain brief applause but a deliberate attempt to turn the masses to resist and revolt against apex court,” said the plea.

The petitioner contended that Bhaskar’s statements intend to incite a feeling of no confidence amongst the public with respect to proceedings of the apex court and integrity of judges of the top court.

The consent of either the Attorney General or the Solicitor General is necessary under Section 15 of the Contempt of Courts Act 1971, to initiate the contempt proceedings against a person.

The plea has been filed by advocates Anuj Saxena, Prakash Sharma, and Mahek Maheshwari.

On November 9, a five-judge bench of the apex court had delivered a unanimous verdict paving the way for construction of Ram Temple at the disputed site in Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya.

The top court also directed the Central government to allot a five-acre plot to the Sunni Waqf Board to construct a mosque.

Entertainment

Swara Bhasker reacts to question on whether right-wingers are ‘allowed’ to have a crush on her

On being asked about the possibility of entering politics, Swara said, “I am still considering my Bollywood career! (laughs) so I would like to spend many years here before I do anything else in life.”

Published

on

Swara Bhasker Farmers

Swara Bhasker, a self-proclaimed right-wing baiter with strong political opinions, reacted to a man asking if right-wingers were allowed to have a crush on her. “Kya RW hokar bhi @ReallySwara par crush allowed h (Are you allowed to be a right-winger and still have a crush on Swara Bhasker)?” a Twitter user asked.

Retweeting the tweet, Swara wrote, “Question of the day!!,” followed by a number of laughing, thinking face and heart-eyes emojis.

Swara has campaigned for political candidates belonging to different parties, including Kanhaiya Kumar of the Communist Party of India, Digvijaya Singh of the Congress and Atishi Marlena of the Aam Aadmi Party. She has also been a part of protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and even joined protesting farmers at the Singhu border last month.

In an interview with Hindustan Times in 2018, Swara said, “[The majority of] things that I have commented on, I have not said [or commented on them] unthinkingly. I think that I normally say something when I believe in it, and that’s why I don’t take my statements back. I will always stand by what I say, because it’s not coming from a place of ill intention or impulsiveness. It comes from a belief in something [ideologies, principles, etc.].”

On being asked about the possibility of entering politics, Swara said, “I am still considering my Bollywood career! (laughs) so I would like to spend many years here before I do anything else in life.”

Last year, Swara appeared in a number of digital projects. She started with the Amazon Prime Video series Rasbhari, followed by Flesh on Eros Now. Most recently, she was seen in the Netflix show Bhaag Beanie Bhaag, in which she plays a woman who gives up a cushy life to pursue a career in stand-up comedy.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Who is Jasleen Bhalla? Voice behind corona vaccine caller tune; check details

Amitabh Bachchan who has given his voice for coronavirus caller tune in India is now getting replaced by Jasleen Bhalla, who has even lent her voice for Delhi metro, Spice Jet, Indigo

Published

on

By

Jasleen Bhalla

Amitabh Bachchan who has given his voice for coronavirus caller tune in India is now getting replaced by Jasleen Bhalla, who has even lent her voice for Delhi metro, Spice Jet, Indigo and used to be a sports generalist at the channel before she became a full-time voice-over artist and has been an artist for over 10 years now.

Amitabh Bachchan’s caller tune has been in place for about 4-5 months and now it will be Jasleen Bhalla, who would be updating people with vaccine information which will be available from today onwards.

On lending her voice for caller tune, Jasleen Bhalla said that one day she had recorded this message, but didn’t know that it is being recorded for this purpose. And one day out of nowhere when my relatives and friends called they told me that my voice is being heard all over the nation and I couldn’t believe it.

The new caller tune will be active from Friday, January 15, 2021, and will be heard by people all across the nation who would be calling each other and have to hear the message about the covid-19 vaccination and it uses. As per Jasleen, it is a dream come true as everyone will hear her voice now.

Prior o this, a PIL was filed by an advocate over Amitabh Bachchan’s voice as teh caller tune, as he said that the caller tune should be removed as Government is paying Amitabh Bachchan’s crores of rupees for lending his voice, so a better person, a covid-19 warrior should rather be the voice behind giving the message.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Amitabh Bachchan wraps up ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati 12’ shoot

Big B began shooting for KBC season 12 after recovering from Covid-19 in August last year.

Published

on

By

Amitabh Bachchan in KBC Quiz Show

Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan has wrapped up the current season of the quiz show, Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC). The veteran actor took to his blog to inform fans that he has concluded the shoot of KBC season 12.

“I am tired and retire .. my apologies .. its been a very long last day of KBC shoot .. I shall make up tomorrow. But remember this .. work is work and must be accomplished with the entire sincerity at one’s disposal,” Big B wrote in his blog post.

“The affection and love created gives a farewell to the last day of the shoot .. they all assemble together .. the wish is to never stop but to keep going on .. I do hope this can happen again soon .. the crew and the team were so caring and hard working .. it was quite a stretch to pull away from the sets .. and all the team gathered round in fond remembrance of the months spent together and the efforts made by each,” he added.

“Love, care, affection and gifts of appreciation exchanged hands and there is extreme gratefulness for the gesture from the entire team .. its moving .. and tears up .. but… tomorrow is another day,” he signed off.

Big B began shooting for KBC season 12 after recovering from Covid-19 in August last year. The actor underwent treatment at Nanavati Hospital along with son Abhishek Bachchan, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and granddaughter Aaradhya.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular