Connect with us

Entertainment

People have to wait to see my wedding, says Alia Bhatt

Published

on

RAAZI ALIA BHATT

Mumbai, Nov 19: Bollywood Actress Alia Bhatt has made it clear that her well-wishers have to wait to see her marriage happening whenever it does.

There were reports that Alia is going to tie knot with actor Ranbir Kapoor in 2019 but the actress says that people have to wait.

“If people are waiting for my wedding then, they have to wait for it. I think climax should be good and there should be a happy ending to it,” she said while interacting with media at Lux Golden Rose Awards 2018 on Sunday, here.

Alia and Ranbir sort of made their relationship official when both of them walked together hand-in-hand at Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja’s wedding reception earlier this year. They are also going to be seen together for the first time in “Brahmastra”.

Reacting on Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas’s impending wedding which is going to take place in Jodhpur, Alia said, “I am really happy and excited that PC (Priyanka Chopra) is getting married. I am very excited to see PC and her wedding attire. I am very fond of her and I have lot of warmth and love for her. I hope that she will have a beautiful wedding. I am sure she will make a beautiful bride and she should have a beautiful life.”

Alia is often being compared with Kareena Kapoor Khan in terms of their look and acting style and when asked that ow does she take that comparison, she said, “It’s a compliment for me but I don’t think it’s true because I think there is going to be only one Bebo (Kareena Kapoor Khan) and I am very different from her so, I don’t think it’s fair to draw comparison between us.”

“Brahmastra” is written and directed by Ayan Mukherji and produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions.

It also features Amitabh Bachchan, Dimple Kapadia, Akkineni Nagarjuna, Divyendu Sharma and Mouni Roy in lead roles.

The first part of “Brahmastra” trilogy is scheduled to release in Christmas 2019.

Entertainment

Navjot Singh Sidhu sacked from The Kapil Sharma Show for comments on Pulwama attack

Published

on

Navjot Singh Sidhu
Navjot Singh Sidhu met with harsh criticism after he spoke about the Pulwama terror attack.

New Delhi, Feb 16: Cricketer turned Politician Navjot Singh Sidhu has been sacked from the ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ following his controversial comments on the Pulwama terror attack.

“The channel has already started with the process of removing Navjot and will replace him with Arachana Puran singh, news agency ANI quoted the sources as saying.

Reacting on the Pulwama terror attack, which left 40 CRPF personnel killed, Sidhu on Friday had stated “For a handful of people, can you blame the entire nation and can you blame an individual? It is a cowardly act and I condemn it firmly. Violence is always condemnable and those who did it must be punished,”.

The former cricketer’s comments were met with harsh criticism and since then social media has been flooded with posts demanding his exit from The Kapil Sharma Show.

Check out some of the tweets below:

This is not the first time Sidhu has landed himself in soup for his soft stand on our neighbouring country.

Sidhu had triggered a controversy last year when he attended Pakistan Prime Minister, Imran Khan’s swearing-in-ceremony. He was much criticised for hugging Pakistan Army chief, General Qamar Javed Bajwa as well.

WeForNews

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Pakistan’s complicity in business of terrorism must end: Hansal Mehta

Published

on

Hansal Mehta

Mumbai, Feb 16: Disturbed after the deadly Pulwama attack, filmmaker Hansal Mehta says Pakistan’s complicity in the business of terrorism should come to an end.

Hansal on Saturday took to Twitter to share his views. He also shared details about his 2017 film “Omerta” starring Rajkummar Rao. It is based on British-Pakistani terrorist Omar Saeed Sheikh’s life.

“While ‘Omerta’ was based on Omar Saeed Sheikh, it was also about the patronage provided to men like Masood Azhar, Omar Sheikh, Hafiz Saeed by the state of Pakistan. Pakistan’s complicity in the business of terrorism must be ended, with brute force if needed,” he posted.

In the worst ever terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir since militancy erupted in 1989, a Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) suicide bomber on Thursday rammed his vehicle packed with explosives into a CRPF bus on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in Pulwama district, killing at least 40 troopers on the spot.

After the strike, India rejected Pakistan Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua’s claims denying her country’s links to the attack, saying that JeM, which claimed responsibility for the strike, is based in Pakistan, and the “links are clear and evident and for all to see”.

The attack has left the security establishment stunned as it created the biggest casualty of security personnel in a single day in peace time.

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Big B to give Rs 5 lakh to each slain CRPF trooper’s family

The actor is currently finding out “from several government sources where and how the amount will be distributed to ensure it is expedited”.

Published

on

amitabh bachchan

Mumbai, Feb 16 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be donating Rs 5 lakh each to the families of 49 CRPF troppers who died in the terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district.

In the worst ever terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir since militancy erupted in 1989, a Jaish-e-Mohammad suicide bomber on Thursday rammed his vehicle packed with explosives into a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) bus on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in Pulwama district, killing at least 40 troopers on the spot. The toll rose to 49 on Friday as several injured succumbed.

The actor is currently finding out “from several government sources where and how the amount will be distributed to ensure it is expedited”.

His spokesperson confirmed the news, saying: “Yes, Mr Bachchan will be giving Rs 5 lakh to each of the martyr’s families and is currently finding out the correct process to do so.”

The “Piku” actor on Friday also cancelled his attendance as a special guest of Virat Kohli’s Foundation event, which will now be held on Saturday.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular