Remain alert from honey traps: Parrikar to Officials | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Remain alert from honey traps: Parrikar to Officials – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Remain alert from honey traps: Parrikar to Officials

Published

on

parrikar2

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday said all precautions are being taken to prevent honey traps like incidents which have so far been confined to the lower level.The Defence Minister’s remarks comes against the backdrop of an IAF official falling prey to a honey trap.

“I do not think that such things (espionage) are at high level. Few things came to light but they were at lower level and we have taken all precautions (to prevent them),” he told reporters here.

“Things like honey trap are generally avoided when we are alert. We should be alert all the time. We take care of it at the time of recruitment and training. There are also clear guidelines and code of conduct (for personnel) to deal with social networking sites,” he said.

Recently, a 30-year old IAF official Ranjith KK was dismissed from service and arrested for allegedly passing on official secrets to a suspected intelligence operative.

According to Delhi Police crime branch, the official had been compromised after falling prey to a honey trap set up by the suspected operative, Damini McNought, who posed as a journalist on Facebook.

Mr. Parrikar was speaking at the CISF ground near Amber to inaugurate an Army recruitment rally where he also interacted with the candidates before flagging off the rally.

Large number of candidates attended the open rally for which registrations were done online.

“We started the procedure of online application for the recruitment rally. It was feared that the number of candidates might drop but the number of candidates has gone up instead,” he said.

“Indian youth is patriotic and has nationalistic mindset and therefore willing to join the Army,” he said.

Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore and senior officers of the Army were present on the occasion.

Cities

Andhra’s corona tally now 2,787 with 68 new cases

In terms of mortality rate, Andhra Pradesh’s 1.86 per cent ranks 12th among the states of India.

Published

on

Jahangirpuri Delhi Coronavirus Test

Amaravati, May 27 : Andhra Pradesh reported 68 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours till Wednesday morning, taking the state’s tally to 2,787.

With the discharge of 10 more patients, the total number of cured patients in Andhra Pradesh has increased to 1,913. The active cases are 816.

With one more death in East Godavari district, the state’s death toll touched 58 on Wednesday morning.

On Wednesday, Nellore district reported 9 cases and Chittoor district 1 case.

Continuing the trend of the past few days, a few new cases had travel histories to Koyambedu market in Chennai, while some cases were of foreign returnees.

There are a total 111 corona patients among returnees from abroad.

The corona tally among returnees from other states climbed to 219 from 153. The active cases fell to 75 from 117, as 38 more state returnees were discharged.

The state nodal officer said that 9,664 samples were tested during the past 24 hours as against 8,148 samples during the preceding cycle.

The state’s average in terms of tests conducted per million population stands at 6,224, below Delhi’s 9,158, and Jammu and Kashmir’s 10,442.

However, in terms of tests conducted, Andhra Pradesh with 3,32,378 tests conducted till date lags behind Rajasthan with 3,33,904 tests, Maharashtra with 3,90,170 tests, and Tamil Nadu’s 4,31,183.

Till date, 32,42,160 tests have been conducted across India as a whole.

In terms of mortality rate, Andhra Pradesh’s 1.86 per cent ranks 12th among the states of India.

Continue Reading

India

Indian Army commanders’ meet kicks off amid Chinese aggression

The last meeting took place on Sunday but many things remained unresolved, said source, adding that more commander level talks are in pipeline to resolve the issues.

Published

on

By

India China Border Sikkim

New Delhi, May 27 : Indian Army Commanders’ Conference kicked off in New Delhi on Wednesday wherein discussion over China frontier in Sikkim, Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh would be done at great length. The conference was planned much before the tension with China in eastern Ladakh region.

Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane is presiding over the conference. The top commanders of the force are attending the meeting and all security issues, including the Chinese aggression in Ladakh will come up for discussion during it, said a senior Indian Army officer.

The Army Commanders’ Conference, an apex level biannual event which facilitates conceptual level deliberations culminating in important policy decisions scheduled for April 2020 and postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic, will now be organised in two phases.

The first phase of the conference began on Wednesday and would continue till May 29, 2020 and the second phase in the last week of June 2020.

The apex level leadership of Indian Army will brainstorm on current emerging security and administrative challenges and chart the future course for Indian Army.

To ensure due diligence, decisions are taken through collegiate system comprising Army commanders and senior officers.

During the first phase, which has started at the South Block, various aspects pertaining to operational and administrative issues including studies related to logistics and human resources will be discussed. This also includes the emerging situation along the Line of Actual Control with China.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held discussion over prevailing ground situation or face-off in Ladakh. Singh met Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and three service chiefs to understand the ground situation and to discuss the next move of the forces.

Singh was briefed about Indian response in matching up to the Chinese troops mobilisation. It was clarified during the meeting that Indian Army will hold its fort and talks to diffuse the situation would continue. It was also decided in the meeting that road constructions must continue and Indian fortifications and troop deployment must match the Chinese.

For the last few weeks, Indian Army and China’s People’s Liberation Army held several meetings to resolve face-off in Eastern Ladakh at the Line of Actual Control, however no breakthrough has taken place yet.

The last meeting took place on Sunday but many things remained unresolved, said source, adding that more commander level talks are in pipeline to resolve the issues.

Sources said that there have been five rounds of talks between military commanders on the ground but there is no breakthrough.

Continue Reading

India

Government has no choice, must listen to wise counsel: Chidambaram

The Congress has been demanding cash transfer directly to the people’s account to the tune of Rs 65,000 crore.

Published

on

By

p chidambaram

New Delhi, May 27 : The Congress, after rejecting the government’s economic package announced to revive the economy, has said that sooner than later the government will accept the suggestions made by the Congress.

Former Finance Minister P. Chidambaram on Wednesday said on Twitter: “I had tweeted a few days ago that the day is not far off when the Congress’ suggestions will be accepted by the government. A stubborn government has no choice and must listen to experience and wise counsel.”

“The government has hinted at taking up cash transfers to the poor,” Chidambaram added citing media reports.

“The government has also practically admitted through unnamed sources that it has asked the RBI to be prepared for monetising part of the fiscal deficit,” he further said.

The Congress has been demanding cash transfer directly to the people’s account to the tune of Rs 65,000 crore.

Rahul Gandhi in his press conference on Tuesday said it is important the Government share concrete plans for how it intends to deal with our migrants crisis? How does it plan to scale up testing which is urgently needed? How does it plan to support our MSMEs? How will our State Governments be funded? There are many critical questions that the Government is not providing us answers to, which need to be addressed urgently, he said.

“Earlier this month, the Prime Minister announced an economic stimulus which according to him was equivalent to 10 per cent of the GDP. However, economists in India and around the world have done the maths and come to the sad conclusion that the economic stimulus announced by the Prime Minister is actually less than 1 per cent of our GDP and that too most of it is in terms of loans that could drag our MSMEs into a debt trap from which they will struggle to recover,” Rahul Gandhi had said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular