New Delhi, July 31: As Parliament monsoon session entered to its eleventh day, Rajya Sabha witnessed ruckus after the Opposition raised issue of Gujarat political crisis.
Following the uproar in the RS, the chair announced first adjournment of the day for 10 minutes.
In Lok Sabha debate on mob lynching incidents is underway.
Here are the updates :
- Later, Upper House takes up Constitution (123rd) Amendment Bill, 2017 and National Commission for Backward Classes (Repeal) Bill, 2017 for the consideration.
- After RS resumes, Question hour began in which issues such changes in NET, impact of demonetisation, transaction on BHIM app and privatisation of Railways discussed.
- Following this congress leaders raised slogans which led to adjournment of the session for 10 mins.
- Speaking on Gujarat Political crises , Congress Madhusudhan Mistry said his party MLAs were being “kidnapped” and offered “Rs 10-15 crore” with a view to influence their vote in the upcoming Rajya Sabha elections.
- After BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the whole state of Gujarat is under floods and Congress legislators are enjoying in a resort in Karnataka in Zero hour, ruckus created.
- Vinay Tendulkar sworn as an RS MP from Goa.
- Ram Vilas Paswan said maintaining law and order is the responsibility of the state government.
- Roy compared the killing of Muslims to the targeted killing of African-Americans by Ku Klux Klan in the US.
- In between Kiren Rijiju interrupted Roy, questioned him on what basis he was making these claims.
- He asked the centre Do you want Muslim-mukt Bharat?”
- Continuing the debate TMC leader Saugata Roy stated that 97 percent of bovine-related conflict between 2010-2017 took place after PM Modi came into power. out of which 86 percent of bovine-related violence had been targeted at Muslims.
- Citing Ram Mohair Lohaia’s example, BJP leader said was a socialist who didn’t believe in Gods but knew about Hindu culture and traditions, and respected it.
- Debate resumes, Yadav continues his speech and says the ancestors of the Muslims were Hindus. Therefore the gods, the culture and traditions are also their’s. They shouldn’t forget this.
- Lower house adjourned till 2:15 pm for lunch
- Muslims should learn to live with Hindus by respecting their culture and traditions.
- Why is it wrong to say Vande Mataram these days? Is this not mob lynching?”
- Yadav asked “Is the mob lynching of DSP Ayub Pandith in Kashmir not an incident worth mentioning?”
- Responding to Kharge’s remarks, BJP Leader Hukmdev Narayan Yadav said that PM Modi had already condemned mob lynching adding the states should maintain peace
- Kharge concluded his speech by saying “Don’t make lynchistan out of Hindustan”
- The Prime Minister has not raised lynching incidents in his Mann Ki Baat programme, he said.
- Kharge also raised the recent killing of an RSS worker in Kerala and asked “When an RSS worker dies in Kerala, the Governor dails the CM. Why this discrimination?”
- In between this BJP’s Nishikant Dubey disrupted and said the cases of violence Mr.Kharge is mentioning are already in the courts so why is he saying all this?
- He also slammed Modi govt on double speak over mob lynchings.
- Listing recent instances related to cow vigilantes, Kharge said Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh are the main mob lynching centres.
- Speaking on mob lynching incidents, he said the cerntre is indirectly encouraging groups like the VHP,Bajrang Dal and also Gau Rakshaks to indulge in such violence.
- Congress Mallikarjun Kharge said people are worried whether there is law and order in the country or not.
- Later the opposition raised mob lynching issue.
- After question hour, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley introduced the Central Goods and Services Tax (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017, The Integrated Goods and Services Tax (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Bill, 2017.