New Delhi, Dec 5, 2016: Both houses of the Parliament have been adjourned till 11 PM on Tuesday after sloganeering by opposition continued. The fourteenth day of winter session of Parliament again witnessed uproar over demonetisation.
- TMC leaders stage the protest against demonetisation in front of the Gandhi statue in the Parliament premises.
- Opposition leaders meet in the Parliament. Demands same as before; discussion with the voting rule in Lok Sabha & apology by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Rajya Sabha.
- Prime Minister has chaired a cabinet meeting ahead of the start of another rocky day of Winter Session of Parliament.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till tomorrow.
- Word ‘bhaandgiri’ used by Samajwadi Party MP Naresh Agarwal has been expunged as it was unparliamentary: Rajya Sabha Dy Chairman PJ Kurien.
- BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said: “When they (UPA) were in power they used to get out hit-wicket on every delivery. Now as part of the opposition, they keep bowling no-balls”.
- We take strong objection to this ‘bhaandgiri’ word used by Naresh Agarwal ji, its unparliamentary and must be expunged: MA Naqvi in RS.
- The Opposition party leaders stormed Well of the Rajya Sabha.
- Congress leader Anand Sharma said, “Over the weekend, the situation has deteriorated. We have hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their jobs”. “We respect the Chair but at the same time, as representatives of the people, it becomes our collective duty to raise this issue,” he said.
- Uproar continues in Rajya Sabha over demonetisation. The opposition party MPs raise slogans in the well of the house. Meanwhile, in West Bengal, TMC MLAs protest outside assembly in Kolkata over demonetisation.
- Uproar continues in Rajya Sabha over
#DeMonetisation , opposition MPs raise slogans in the well of the house.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2 PM after Opposition stage protest against
#demonetisation in the House.
- Rajya Sabha adjourns proceedings till 12 noon.
- Uproar in Rajya Sabha as Opposition stage protest against
#demonetisation, raise slogans “Janta ka paisa janta ko do.”
- Deputy chairperson of the Rajya Sabha refuses to adjourn proceedings. Asks opposition leaders to resume debate.
- Uproar in Rajya Sabha as Opposition protests against demonetisation. Opposition leaders storm the Well of the house.
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day over demonetisation.
- Opposition sticks to its demand for voting on demonetisation issue. In the list of business, it is under Rule 193 which is discussion without voting.
- Union Minister Prakash Javadekar asks, “Are they (Opposition) shouting ‘Modi! Modi!’?”
- The Opposition is shouting, “Voting! Voting!”
- Lok Sabha resumes. House congratulates Indian women’s cricket team for their victory in Asia Cup.
- Speaker disallows all notices of Adjournment Motion. Opposition members raise their concerns.
- Lok Sabha proceedings adjourned till noon.
- Lok Sabha proceedings continue amid loud protests by the opposition.