New Delhi, Aug 8, 2017: After three-day break for the fourth week of Monsoon Session, the Parliament has began with witnessing uproars as Opposition parties cornered ruling government on many key issues like attack on Rahul Gandhi convoy, Chandigarh stalking issue and many others.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 11:43 am.
- Leader of the House Arun Jaitley snapped saying Zero Hour can’t be misused like this. MPs troop the Well. P.J. Kurien adjourns the House.
- Meanwhile, Congress leader Anand Sharma said that the circulation of this currency is a serious matter.
- Chairman P.J Kurien said that if notice has been given it will be examined by the chairman else it cannot be discussed here without notice and cannot be discusses in POINT of ORDER.
- Congress leader Pramod Tiwari said BJP has printed two kinds of notes this is a serious matter. I have given notice in this regards. One kind of note is being given to BJP people and other to your.
- Rajya Sabha was adjourned for 15 minutes after Sharad Yadav flashed currency notes of various sizes claiming that all around the world there are no two notes of a particular country. This is a serious matter. I can sign on this photocopy of the notes and give it to you.
- Other opposition leaders including Trinamool’s Derek O’Brien, JD-U’s Sharad Yadav and Samajwadi Party’s Naresh Agrawal also sided with the Congress.
- Leader of Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad alleged that the demonetisation was the “biggest scam of this century”.
- As soon as the House met, Congress member Kapil Sibal alleged that the “RBI prints two types of currency notes. These are of different size and different design… How is it possible?” Sibal asked, displaying images of two Rs 500 denomination notes pasted on a placard.
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 12 noon following uproar over attack on Congress VP Rahul Gandhi’s convoy in Gujarat.
- In the last two years, Rahul Gandhi was out for 72 days on 6 foreign tours, but didn’t take SPG cover. We want to know where did he go? Why didn’t he take SPG cover? This is not only a violation of SPG Act but being negligent to safety issues as well: Rajnath in LS.
- Rajnath condemns the attack on Rahul Gandhi. He says that appropriate security detail was provided to Gujarat Police ahead of his visit to Banaskantha. The security was beefed up as part of an intelligence report, he added. In Dhanera, two SP rank officers and several armed police were looking after Rahul Gandhi’s security too, he said.
- He also added that Rahul did not listen to the area police or SPG officials but only his Personal secretary.
- Congress leader Mallikarjuna Kharge raised attack on Rahul Gandhi convoy issue in Lok Sabha by calling the attack cowardly and alleges that the BJP government turned a blind eye to the attack. This has led to commotion in the Lok Sabha.