New Delhi, Aug 10, 2017: The nineteen day of monsoon session of Parliament witnessed outgoing Vice-President and Chairman of the Rajya Sabha Hamid Ansari getting his farewell.
- NCP leader Mazeed Memon said “You schooled as like kids in primary and took a stand for the rights of this August House.”
- CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury said “You are the best umpire that this House could have had.”
Leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha, Ghulam Nabi Azad said:
- Ansari “It is with a heavy heart today that we bid farewell to you. You have been a guiding light for all of us… You were the most successful Chief of Protocol to PM Indira Gandhi once.”
- “I remember the first time I met you when you were the ambassador in Saudi Arabia and later when you were the VC at Aligarh University. It has been my pleasure to be able to work with you.” he added.
Giving his farewell to outgoing vice-president Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said:
- “We have learnt a lot from you. You have been a career diplomat and worked day and night for the betterment of the country. Your contribution has been invaluable.”
- “I have great respect for you and have keenly observed the great work done by you… I wish you good health and a long life and may all your endeavors here on be as successful as your tenure as the Vice President. On behalf of both the Houses – Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha – as well as the people of India, I thank you for your immense contribution and wish you all the best.” he said.
- Lok Sabha discusses promotion and development of sports.