New Delhi, Nov 18, 2016: The Winter session of Parliament enters into the third day and is expected to stay stormy as United Opposition is demanding Prime Minister Narendra Modi to speak on the demonetisation row.
On day two, the war on demonetisation was in the full swing against the central government in both houses of Parliament. After many adjournments, Rajya Sabha just after resuming at 3 pm, adjourned till today while the Lok Sabha was adjourned till today at 12 pm after uproar over demonetisation issue .
On day one, Lok Sabha was adjourned after obituary references and Rajya Sabha observed some serious discussion between the government and Opposition about the demonetisation move announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 8. The Opposition parties moved an adjournment motion in the Lok Sabha on day 2.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till Monday after uproar over demonetisation issue and Ghulam Nabi Azad’s statement.
- It’s the duty of the Government to ensure Parliament functions, but here ruling party MPs are creating uproar: JDU Sharad Yadav said.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2.30 pm as protests continue
- Naidu asked that I want to know from Congress that what is their view on Ghulam Nabi Azad’s statement.
- Congress is trying to divert demonetisation issue as I feel like the party doesn’t want to discuss the issue: Venkaiah Naidu
- We have said we are ready for discussion, don’t know why opposition is creating uproar in the house: Venkaiah Naidu
- After continued uproar over
#DeMonetisation , Rajya Sabha again adjourned for 30 minutes.
- Amid uproar, Rajya Sabha adjourned for the second time till 12 noon.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 11.30 am.
- Rajya Sabha interrupted with protests being raised from Treasury Benches.
- During black money discussion, LOP said objectionable things. He said govt killed more after demonetisation than terrorists did: BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
- Black money people are unhappy that PM is cleaning the system. But it seems you are also sullen: Naqvi
- Ghulam Nabi should apologize to the nation, says Naqvi.
- AIADMK Ministers protest in RS.
- Lok Sabha adjourned till Monday.
- We are demanding adjournment motion under Rule 56: Mallikarjun Kharge, Congress.
- Govt of India is ready for discussion; Opposition should not run away from the discussion: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar.
- Rammohan Naidu of TDP: All commitments to the state of Andhra Pradesh by the Central government must be put in paper and executed.
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan says she has received adjournment motion for discussion on demonetisation.
- Lok Sabha proceedings resume. Opposition MPs start sloganeering again.
- Opposition MPs demand discussion under rule 56. LS adjourned till 12 noon amidst uproar by opposition MPs.
- Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge says we have again given a notice for adjournment on discussion for demonetisation.
- Prime Minister Modi meets Ministers to discuss strategy in Parliament. With the Opposition up in arms over the demonetisation issue, Parliament has witnessed continued protests over the last two days.