New Delhi, July 24, 2017: The stage is all set to witness the sixth day of Monsoon session of Parliament as key bills, including The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017, are listed for discussion and passing.
The opposition is trying to corner the government on the mob lynchings and the Congress has submitted an adjournment notice in Lok Sabha on the issue.
- Congress’ Ripun Bora gives adjournment notice in Rajya Sabha over CAG report on shortage of ammunition with Army.
- Congress to raise the issue of Mumbai’s potholes in today’s assembly.
- RJD’s JP Yadav gives adjournment motion notice in Lok Sabha over Lalu Prasad Yadav and Rabri’s ‘privilege’ of direct access to Patna airport tarmac scrapped.
- Adjournment motion notice given by Congress in Lok Sabha today on the issue of mob lynching.
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day amid Opposition uproar over the suspension of six MPs.
- LS speaker Sumitra Mahajan suspends six opposition MPs for five days for undermining the Chair’s dignity with their “unbecoming” conduct. Suspended MPs had stormed the Well, torn papers and thrown it towards the Chair, says Speaker Sumitra Mahajan. All suspended MPs – Gaurav Gogoi, K Suresh, Adhir Rajan Chowdhury, Ranjeet Ranjan, Sushmita Dev and M K Raghavan – belong to Congress.
- Lok Sabha is adjourned as opposition creates noisy scenes over lynchings by cow vigilantes.
- SAD MP Prem Singh Chandumajra raises the issue to missing Indians in Mosul and demands clarification on the matter. Lok Sabha speaker says external affairs Sushma Swaraj to give a statement at 5 pm.
- Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge asks why his adjournment motion was rejected? The country is facing lynching and attacks on Dalits, minorities and women. The government has failed to protect the marginalised, says Kharge.
- Soon after Question hours session begins in the lower house of Parliament, Opposition MPs storm the well-seeking debate on the agrarian crisis. But the Speaker wants to continue with Question Hour.
- Rajya Sabha passes the Footwear Design and Development Institute Bill, 2017.
MP Nirmala Sitharaman seeks support to make Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI) an institute of national importance. She says we are correcting the wrong policies of collecting illegal leather from the unregulated sector.
- Derek O Brien, says NEET papers set in Tamil and Bengali were different from rest of the country. These two states have been affected, he says. This is a federal issue, not just limited to these two States, he says. He also points out a newspaper report that Rabindranath Tagore’s reference has been removed from NCERT books.
- Union water resources minister Uma Bharti speaks in the Rajya Sabha on cleaning of rivers and rejuvenation of the Ganga.