New Delhi, Nov 21, 2016: On the fourth day of Winter session of Parliament, after witnessing continuous disruptions by the united opposition over demonetisation issue the proceedings in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha have been adjourned till tomorrow.
Opposition in both the houses, on Monday held a meeting and demanded PM Modi’s presence in the Parliament to answer questions over demonetisation. However, the BJP ruled out the possibility of the PM speaking in the Rajya Sabha.
Meanwhile, Congress parliamentary strategy meeting also took place today at 10:30 AM.
On day three, both the houses of Parliament failed to conduct business as the opposition denied to halt its protests against the demonetisation of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes.
On day two, the war on demonetisation was in the full swing against the central government in both houses of Parliament. After many adjournments, Rajya Sabha just after resuming at 3 pm, adjourned till today while the Lok Sabha was adjourned till today at 12 pm after uproar over demonetisation issue.
On day one, Lok Sabha was adjourned after obituary references. While in the Rajya Sabha a serious discussion between the government and opposition took place about the demonetisation move announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 8. The Opposition parties moved an adjournment motion in the Lok Sabha on day 2.
- Odisha CM Naveen Pattnaik: Asked the centre to direct Chhattisgarh Govt to stop construction on river Mahandi & its tributaries.
- TMC holds a protest against #demonetization at the entrance of Parliament.
- Meeting of the Opposition parties in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
- Opposition parties in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha met Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
- Rajya Sabha resumed for the fifth time on Monday, only to be adjourned for the day just minutes into the session.
- Earlier, Rajya Sabha adjourned till 3 pm.
- No statement (of the railway ministry) was circulated. Railway minister was available, but yet he sent a junior minister. Railway minister made a statement in the Lok Sabha, but he did not give adequate respect to Rajya Sabha, said Congress leader Anand Sharma.
- The Rajya Sabha was immediately adjourned on resumption, till 2 pm.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 2 PM.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 12:30 after the uproar over demonetisation issue.
- Opposition stormed the well of the Rajya Sabha over demonetization.
- Please move an obituary, and then we can discuss: Sitaram Yechury to Deputy Chairman PJ Kurien in Rajya Sabha, uproar continued.
- Debate later, but first accept our tributes for people who have died standing in queues, and other bank officials: CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury.
- Opposition not ready for debate, trying new tactics every day to disrupt the Parliament proceedings, says FM Arun Jaitley.
- Opposition parties jointly decided around 200 MPs will hold the protest in front of Gandhi statue on Wednesday, says Derek O’Brien, TMC on demonetization.
- It was confirmed that Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu would make a statement today in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha on Kanpur train tragedy.
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day as opposition’s protest over #demonetisation continued.
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 2 PM as opposition continue uproar over
Suresh Prabhu on Indore-Patna Express derailment:
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu makes the statement in Lok Sabha Kanpur Train Tragedy.
- The forensic enquiry has been ordered to look into all possible angles. Guilty will be given strict punishment.
- The Lok Sabha assembled again only to be adjourned by Speaker Sumitra Mahajan until 2 pm as it became impossible to continue Question Hour amid the uproar over #Demonetisation.
- Lok Sabha is also adjourned till noon as the opposition continued to disrupt proceedings.
- Meanwhile, the Question Hour session underwent in the Lok Sabha even as opposition party MPs raised slogans against the government.