New Delhi, Dec 15, 2016: The Parliament is set to witness twentieth and second last day of winter session on Thursday with no sign of the deadlock between the government and the opposition on the issue of demonetisation being resolved.
Yesterday, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during a joint press briefing of the opposition alleged that “he has some personal information that the Prime Minister has involved in corruption himself, which he want to reveal in the Lok Sabha but he is not being allowed to do so.”
On which, Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu has said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be present in Parliament for the remaining two days of the winter session.
Meanwhile, an aggressive Opposition has decided to continue its protest against notes ban and also asking for the resignation of MoS for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju for his alleged involvement in the Rs 450-crore Arunachal hydroelectric power project scam.
Sources told media that “The BJP has decided not to allow Rahul to speak first. He will be ‘forced’ to listen to the statement of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on demonetisation.”
- Congress to raise problems arising out of demonetisation in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha; gives adjournment notice.
- Opposition seeks meeting with President Pranab Mukherjee tomorrow to complain against ruling party for “not allowing them to speak” in Parliament.
- Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad gives notice in Rajya Sabha on “hardships faced by farmers due to #demonetistion.”
- We want AgustaWestland issue to be discussed in the Parliament: Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu.
- BJP to raise #AgustaWestland issue in both the houses of Parliament today.
- Congress leader Anand Sharma gives notice in Rajya Sabha for discussion on Kiren Rijiju’s alleged involvement in Arunachal hydroelectric scam issue.
- Trinamool Congress protest at Gandhi statue in Parliament #demonetization.
- Opposition leaders’ meets in the Parliament.
- TMC’s Sudip Bandyopadhyay gives adjournment motion notice in Lok Sabha on #DeMonetisation issue.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till tomorrow.
- Both sides are disrupting, it means both sides don’t want discussion: PJ Kurien Deputy Chairman Rajya Sabha
- Amid sloganeering by ruling party against AugustaWestland scam issue, Rajya Sabha Speaker Hamid Ansari adjourned the House till 2PM.
- Uproar continues in Parliament; ruling party raises slogans against AugustaWestland scam issue.
- Rajya Sabha adjourned till 12:32 PM.
- Rajya Sabha was earlier adjourned after uproar as GN Azad raised farmers issue on demonetization & treasury benches raised
- Black money collected by the govt must be deposited in accounts of poor.Govt must waive farmers’ loans. They have fed big businessmen enough: Mayawati.
- After 37 days of demonitisation the people who are suffering the most are poor, labourers and farmers: BSP Supremo Mayawati.
- Deputy speaker PJ Kurien adjourned Rajya Sabha till 12 noon as both Opposition and ruling party raised slogans against each other on AgustaWestland issue and Kiren Rijiju scam, disrupting proceedings.
- Ruckus in the Parliament as ruling part raises slogans on AgustaWestland issue, while Opposition raises issue of Kiren Rijiju’s name that surfaced in Arunachal hydro scam issue.
- The leader of opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad said that this is for the first time in the history of India that it’s the ruling party that’s not letting the House to function.
- Uproar by the opposition in Rajya Sabha says Govt not letting the house function.
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the day after ruckus by members.
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan adjourned the House for the day after ruling and opposition members create the ruckus on demonetisation and AugustaWestland scam issue.
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar says the opposition is not interested in a debate on demonetisation. He also mentions the AugustaWestland scam and name of Congress and its leaders figuring in the list. The House should debate the scam as well. The government was ready for discussion, it is the Congress and the Opposition that is running away from the debate.
- Mallikarjun Kharge says the opposition is ready for discussion on demonetisation without any conditions. The government is running away from the discussion.
- Members lay tables in the Lok Sabha as the House resumes after being adjourned in the morning the following ruckus by ruling and opposition members. Thursday is the penultimate day of the Winter Session of the Parliament.
- Members continue with their shouting following which the House is adjourned till 12 noon.
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan admonishes both the treasury and opposition members for shouting slogans and raising papers in the House.
- Lok Sabha pays tribute to former members of the House. Speaker Sumitra Mahajan pays tribute in the House.