Pakistan will take 'bitter decisions' on Kulbhushan Jadhav says Foreign Minister | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Pakistan will take ‘bitter decisions’ on Kulbhushan Jadhav says Foreign Minister – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Published

on

Islamabad, Aug 23 : Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Thursday said the country will have to take “some bitter decisions” in the case of alleged Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav, hinting at his execution.

“We will try to move forward under the leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan. The nation should be ready as we will have to take some bitter decisions,” Geo News quoted Qureshi as telling the media in Multan city.

Qureshi said he is hopeful that the country will win the case against alleged Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav in the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
“We have solid evidence against Jadhav and are hopeful we will win the case in the ICJ,” Qureshi told the media in Multan city. “We will try our best to present our stance in an effective manner before the ICJ.

“We have solid evidence against Jadhav and are hopeful we will win the case in the ICJ,” he said. “We will try our best to present our stance in an effective manner before the ICJ.
Qureshi’s comments came a day after the ICJ announced that it will hear Jadhav’s case for a week in February 2019.

Jadhav was sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court for espionage in April 2017 following which India moved the ICJ. A 10-member ICJ bench restrained Pakistan from executing Jadhav till the case was adjudicated on.

Pakistan stated that “Jadhav was not an ordinary person as he had entered the country with the intent of spying and carrying out sabotage activities” in Balochistan. India denies all the charges.

Jadhav was apprehended on March 3, 2016 after illegally crossing into Pakistan from Iran, according to Pakistani officials. Indian officials say he was abducted from Iran and taken to Pakistan against his will.

Sports

British PM rules out return of club cricket in wake of COVID-19 crisis

Following the conclusion of West Indies series, England will lock horns against Pakistan in three Tests and as many T20Is in August and September.

Published

on

By

Boris Johnson

London, July 3 : After referring to cricket ball as a natural vector of disease last month, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson believes ‘teas’ and ‘changing rooms’ are some of the reasons why club cricket can’t return in the country.

Pubs and cafes are set to open in the country from July 4 but recreational cricket and club cricket in England haven”t recieved permission to go ahead yet.

“You made the same point about hairdressers and nail bars and it”s a valid point,” Johnson told LBC”s Nick Ferrari as per ESPNcricinfo. “There are reasons. You sound like Socrates there. These debates have gone round and round. There are various other considerations.

“The long answer, which I think probably Chris Whitty (Chief Medical Officer) would give if he were here about cricket, the risk is not so much the ball though that may be a factor, it”s the teas, the changing rooms and so on and so forth.

“There are other factors involved that generate proximity which you might not get in a game of tennis. You”ve taken me into a rabbit hole of detail when really what people understand is that this is a battle against a pandemic which we have fought so far with the use of social distancing measures and we are very largely winning,” he said.

International cricket, however, is set to return in the country with England taking on West Indies in a three-match Test series starting July 8 at the Ageas Bowl.

Following the conclusion of West Indies series, England will lock horns against Pakistan in three Tests and as many T20Is in August and September.

Continue Reading

Health

Except for Sindh, Pakistan Covid situation improving: Asad Umar

He also urged citizens to remain mindful of the fact that an improvement was only being seen because they were following precautionary measures.

Published

on

By

pakistan coronavirus

Islamabad, July 3 : Pakistan’s Minister for Planning, Development and Special Initiatives, Asad Umar on Friday said that while the country”s overall coronavirus situation was getting better, there was a significant lack of improvement in Sindh, particularly in the provincial capital Karachi.

Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, the Minister said that the the number of deaths, patients admitted to hospitals and patients on ventilators has gone down, Dawn reported.

Crediting this development to citizens following precautionary measures to curb the spread of the virus, Umar said if this continues, the country”s situation will continue to improve.

“However, there is only one area where we are not seeing that much improvement, which is in Sindh, especially Karachi,” he said.

He maintained that to address this, the National Command and Operation Centre team held a meeting with the provincial chief secretary and the provincial health minister and was working on a way to replicate the results in Sindh as in the rest of the country.

He also urged citizens to remain mindful of the fact that an improvement was only being seen because they were following precautionary measures.

“Don”t take this to mean that the pandemic is going away on its own and you can do whatever you want,” he cautioned, adding that a lapse in following preventive measures could cause the number of cases to rise again.

“I had earlier warned that our cases could reach 1.2 million by July end if we don”t take action or follow preventive measures. But because people are following precautionary measures and the administration is also taking action (things have been improving),” Umar added.

Continue Reading

World

Japan lodges protest with China over ships near disputed islets

Published

on

By

Shinzo Abe Japanese PM

Tokyo, July 3 : Japan on Friday said that it has lodged a protest with China over the intrusion by two China Coast Guard ships into Japanese territorial waters near disputed islands in the East China Sea.

The two Chinese ships entered Japanese territorial waters around the Senkaku Islands at around 4:50 p.m. (local time) on Thursday and appeared to be trying to approach a Japanese fishing boat about 7 kms west of Uotsuri Island, according to the Japan Coast Guard.

As the two ships are still in territorial waters around the islands, which are administered by Japan but claimed by China, Tokyo has been demanding that the ships immediately leave the area, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said.

“We have been strongly urging (China) to stop trying to approach the Japanese fishing boat and leave our territorial waters immediately,” Suga said at a news conference, adding: “We will continue to deal with the matter calmly and resolutely.”

Japan Coast Guard patrol ships have been keeping a close watch on the Chinese ships and ensuring the safety of the Japanese fishing boat, according to Suga, the top government spokesman.

It is the first time since June 22 that a Chinese ship has entered Japanese territorial waters around the Senkakus, which are called Diaoyu in Chinese, the japan times reported.

On that day, the city assembly of Ishigaki in Okinawa Prefecture passed a resolution to rename an administrative area covering the Senkaku Islands.

The name change from Tonoshiro to Tonoshiro Senkaku drew a sharp rebuke from Beijing.

China has sent its ships to waters around the islets for 80 days in a row, the longest streak since Japan put them under state control in September 2012, despite some recent thawing in bilateral relations that had been frayed over the Senkaku issue and conflicting views over history.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular