Pakistan sends 3 suspects to 6-day custody in Pathankot attack | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Pakistan sends 3 suspects to 6-day custody in Pathankot attack – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Pakistan sends 3 suspects to 6-day custody in Pathankot attack

Published

on

Pakistan’s Anti-Terrorism Court arrested three suspects on Sunday in connection with the Pathankot airbase attack.Judge Bushra Zaman ordered six-day physical custody of the three  suspects to the counter-terrorism department (CTD) of Punjab province in Pakistan.

The suspects – Khalid Mahmood, Muhammad Shoaib and Irshadul Haque have been arrested from near Chand Da Qila bypass.  They were staying in a rented house  and was arrested over the suspicion that they facilitated January 2 Pathankot terror atack.

Police said that they have been under scanner regarding Pathankot attack.

Suspects Khalid Mahmood, Irshadul Haque and Muhammad Shoaib denied charges and were shifted to an undisclosed location for investigation.

The attack left seven Indian security personnel killed. All six terrorists, suspected to be from Pakistan, were also killed in the attack on the airbase.

India blamed Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Maulana Masood Azhar  was orchestrating  Pathankot terror atack .New Delhi asked Islamabad to take stern action against the perpetrators of the assault.

Pakistan has set up a five-member Joint Investigation Team (JIT) to probe the Pathankot airbase terror attack.The probe team comprises Punjab Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) Additional Inspector General of Police (IGP) Muhammad Tahir Rai (convener), Lahore Deputy Director General (DDG) Intelligence Bureau Mohammad Azim Arshad, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Lt-Col Tanvir Ahmed, Military Intelligence Lt-Col Irfan Mirza and Gujjaranwala CTD Investigating Officer Shahid Tanveer (members).

India alleged that Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), a banned militant outfit, was responsible for attack on an airbase in the Punjab on January 2 which left seven security personnel dead. New Delhi asked Islamabad to move against the perpetrators of the assault.

India

Covid-19 cases rise in capital but Delhi sets off fireworks

Many were left questioning the reason for celebration when India, and the world, is struggling to contain the pandemic.

Published

on

By

coronavirus Darkness Nine Minutes

New Delhi, April 5 : As the nation came together to show solidarity and unity by switching off lights and lighting candles and diyas for nine minutes at 9 p.m. on Sunday, many places in Delhi NCR also saw crackers being burst even as the capital saw another death and cases rise to above 500.

Many were left questioning the reason for celebration when India, and the world, is struggling to contain the pandemic.

On Twitter, Dr Monika Singh asked “what is the celebration for…”

Congress’ south Delhi councillor Abhishek Dutt tweeted video of firecrackers and said that pollution level should be checked now.

Many on the social media wondered how the people got firecrackers amid the lockdown.

Congress leader Rajiv Shukla tweeted: “Nobody was suppose to burst crackers PM never said that .Actually today’s event was not a celebration @PMOIndia @INCIndia”

Continue Reading

Cities

Odisha sees coronavirus cases rise to 39

Published

on

By

Naveen Patnaik

Bhubaneswar, April 6 : Eighteen more coronavirus cases were reported in Odisha on Sunday, taking the state’s total cases to 39, officials said.

All the cases were detected from capital city Bhubaneswar.

While two cases were reported earlier in the day, 16 cases were confirmed in the evening.

Out of 18 cases, 15 new cases detected belong to Bomikhal, said Bhubaneswar Municipal Commissioner (BMC) Prem Chandra Chaudhary.

Three siblings had tested Covid-19 positive in Bomikhal area earlier. The area has been sealed.

“About 15 of the new cases detected today belong to Bomikhal which has been sealed. Cluster containment has been put in place and house to house survey is going on. All suspects and contacts shall be isolated and tested. Citizens are urged not to panic and stay indoors,” the Health Department said in a tweet.

With this, Bhubaneswar has reported 32 positive cases.

The department said all possible contacts of the COVID positive cases shall be traced, isolated and tested as that is the only way to contain further transmission.

Every citizen can break the chain by staying indoors, it said.

Following the development, the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) requested the people not to panic and informed that the new cases are from a contained area with known contact.

“People need not panic. It’s in a contained area of Bhubaneswar with known contact. Sincere appeal – please don’t venture out and respect lockdown. Police will take very tough action on violators,” tweeted the CMO.

“There will be zero tolerance on violation of social distancing. Any violation of social distancing will attract criminal action. The concerned shop/market will be sealed. Earnest request to cooperate in our fight against #CoronaVirus,” it said.

Continue Reading

India

Cong demands fund boost for states with high Covid-19 cases

Published

on

By

congress
File Photo

New Delhi,  The Congress has demanded increase in the state disaster risk management fund (SDRMF) for states that have registered maximum number of Covid-19 cases.

“The Centre must consider number of Covid-19 cases & hotspots to decide allocation of State Disaster Risk Management Fund to states,” senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel tweeted.

Under the current scheme, states like Delhi, Kerala and Punjab that had large number of Covid-19 cases were receiving little funds from SDRMF. “I request Home Minister Amit Shah to include Covid-19 as a criterion apart from the Finance Commission criteria for disbursement of funds to states,” he said.

The Union Health Ministry on Sunday said 77 deaths were reported due to coronavirus, and total number of cases had risen to 3,374.

The number of Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra increased by 26, taking the total from 635 to 661. At least two persons are suspected to have died due to Covid-19 in Pune and Thane on Sunday, but the health authorities declined to confirm or share details.

Till Saturday, Maharashtra had recorded 32 covid-19 deaths, with maximum 22 deaths in Mumbai. The Congress Working Committee on Thursday reviewed the coronavirus pandemic and demanded a “common minimum relief package”.


Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular