June 18, Sunday : Pakistan beat India by 180 runs to win the title of Champions Trophy 2017 at the Oval.
Pakistan faced a strong pace attack against India in finals by setting target of 339 runs and left Indian squad under-pressure due to which they failed to chased the target.
In the “mother of all finals” India won the toss and elected to bowl against arch rival Pakistan at the Oval in London on super Sunday.
This year Champions Trophy has seen twist because for the first time three Asian teams made their spot in the last four of the tournament.
As per the records India has won 13 matches against against Pakistan in ICC tournaments. Apart from this, India clinched victory in the last seven head-to-head matches in ICC tournaments and registered triumph in all three of their previous matches with Pakistan in the knockout stages of International Cricket Council matches till the date.
With such enormous victories, India is expected to face a strong pace attack against Pakistan this time too.
Here are the updates of Champions Trophy 2017 final between India and Pakistan :
- Opening batsmen Azhar Ali and Fakhar Zaman began the proceedings for Pakistan. Bhuvneshwar bowled the first over for India in mothers of all finals .
- In maiden over Pakistan scored a zero.
- Later, after 3rd overs Pakistani openers opened run-flow attack by hitting boundaries and leaving India cautious.
- Pakistan at end of 10 overs at 56, with no loss of wickets.
- After 20 years, Sarfraz Ahmed led squad were 114.
- India got much needed wicket by dismissing Azhar Ali for 59.
- Fakhar Zaman, outperforming batting made Indian squad under-pressure.
- Zaman smashed century and became top Pakistani scorer , who scored perfect 144 in his Maiden ODI innings against India.
- Pakistan’s Score after 30 overs, 179 with one on the stumps.
- Pakistan lost its big wicket of Zaman in 34th over.
- After 40 overs, Pakistani squad were at 247-3.
- Pak set the target of 339 runs for Kohli boys.
- India started with Openers Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan, while Amir opened the attack for Pakistan.
- Big loss for India, as Rohit Sharma dismissed with zero.
- Another big wicket for Pakistan, after they got wicket of Captain Kohli in 3rd over.