Pak violates ceasefire in J-K's Mankote sector | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Pak violates ceasefire in J-K’s Mankote sector – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Pak violates ceasefire in J-K’s Mankote sector

Published

on

india-pakistan-border army ceasefire

Poonch, April 7 : Pakistan on Tuesday violated casesfire by firing with small arms and shelling with mortars along the LoC in Mankote sector in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district.


The ceasefire took place at around 7:40 am. The Indian Army is retaliating and further details are awaited.


On Sunday, three Pakistani soldiers were critically injured when the Indian Army retaliated to ceasefire violations in Poonch district, according to sources in the Indian Army.

India

Foreign returnees will have to pay for quarantine: Kerala CM

Vijayan said over one lakh people, who had registered from other states, had returned. Also, 11,189 of the 1.35 lakh registered from abroad had returned, he added.

Published

on

By

Coronaviurs in China Outbreak

Thiruvananthapuram, May 26 : The number of Covid-19 cases in Kerala is witnessing an upswing with arrival of Keralites from abroad and other states and the state government has decided that all those who come from abroad will have to pay for the quarantine.

“The rates will be affordable to all,” said Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, here on Tuesday.

Of the present 415 cases, 231 have been registered in the past four days, including 67 on Tuesday, the highest recorded in a day. “Of these, 133 have come from abroad and 178 from other states,” he said.

“We are reaching a new phase of Covid-19. We had a video conference with all the state lawmakers (MPs and MLAs). Irrespective of the party affiliations, each one agreed to work jointly against Covid-19,” Vijayan said.

The Chief Minister said a large number of people had registered to return from abroad and within the country. “We will receive all our people who wish to return with both hands. Once they are here, they will have to undergo quarantine,” said Vijayan.

Vijayan said over one lakh people, who had registered from other states, had returned. Also, 11,189 of the 1.35 lakh registered from abroad had returned, he added.

During the day, nine more hotspots were added taking the total to 68 in the state.

Continue Reading

India

PM Modi chairs meeting to end Ladakh stand off

Published

on

New Delhi, May 26: Making efforts to end the standoff in Ladakh and resolve the issue with China , Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held a meeting with the country”s top defence and foreign affairs officials and the National Security Advisor (NSA) over the prevailing situation at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) with China.

NSA Ajit Doval and the Chief of Defence Staff, General Bipin Rawat, were part of the meeting.

Earlier in the day, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held a meeting with General Bipin Rawat and the three service chiefs to understand the prevailing ground situation of the face-off in Ladakh and to discuss the next move of the forces.

Sources said that the deliberation over the matter carried on for more than an hour. Singh was briefed about the Indian response in matching up to the Chinese troop mobilisation.

It was clarified during the meeting that the Indian Army will hold its fort and talks to diffuse the situation would continue.

It was also decided in the meeting that road constructions must continue and the Indian fortifications and troop deployment must match the Chinese.

Earlier, the Indian Army and China”s People”s Liberation Army held several meetings to resolve the face-off in Eastern Ladakh at the Line of Actual Control. However, no breakthrough has taken place.

The last meeting took place on Sunday, but many things remained unresolved, said sources, adding that more commander-level talks are in the pipeline to resolve the issues.

Sources said that there have been five rounds of talks between the military commanders on the ground, but there has been no breakthrough.

The Status quo has been maintained the situation will be resolved, but the Indian Army will continue with its construction work along the LAC.

There has been a troop build up on both sides and there are three to four places where there is an eye ball to eye ball situation since May 5. Across Line of Actual Control, both sides have deployed over 1000 troops in eyeball to eyeball situation at four places.

Indian Army is keeping a close watch in the Pangong Tso sector of Eastern Ladakh and the Galwan Valley region where the Chinese have enhanced deployment. Other than Pangong Tso, which is extremely sensitive, the other places that are volatile in the wake of the recent escalation are Trig Heights, Demchok and Chumar in Ladakh, which form the western sector of the India-China frontier.

The disengagement took place in Eastern Ladakh after troops came to blows on May 5 and were involved in a face-off till the morning of May 6 when troops from both sides clashed, leaving several injured. Sources reported a massive troop build-up by China on their side, not too far away from the point of the standoff.

It was also observed that enhanced patrolling was being carried out by China in the Pangong Lake. They have also increased the number of boats.

The face-offs were triggered by Indian road construction and development of infrastructure which the Chinese objected to.

However, Indian Army has maintained that there is no continuing face-off at the Pangong lake and there is no build up of armed troops in the area.

On Friday, Indian Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane visited Leh, the headquarters of 14 Corps in Ladakh, and reviewed the security deployment of the forces along the LAC with China. He held a meeting with Northern Command (NC) chief, Lieutenant General Y.K. Joshi, and the 14 Corps commander, Lieutenant General Harinder Singh, and other officers to know the ground situation at the forward locations along the LAC. Later in the day, he returned to Delhi.

Continue Reading

Cities

Delhi govt orders 28 ventilators, 435 oxygen concentrators

Delhi has 19 COVID Care Centres (CCC) with 5,716-bed capacity. The state has 50,000 PPEs in stock.

Published

on

By

ventilator, prototype

New Delhi, May 26 : Amid rising coronavirus cases, the Delhi Health Department has placed orders for 30,000 PPE kits, 3.5 lakh N-95 masks, 28 ventilators and 435 oxygen concentrators, according to a statement by the Raj Niwas, here on Tuesday.

The Secretary (Health) also presented the ‘situational analysis of Covid-19 in Delhi’ to Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal.

Up to May 25, there were 14,053 confirmed cases in Delhi. Of this, 6,771 patients recovered or migrated. The case fatality rate in Delhi is 1.96 per cent against the national average of 2.57 per cent.

As on May 25, the Lt Governor was informed, 34 labs were functional for Covid-19 tests. Till date, 1,74,469 cumulative tests had been conducted with the positivity rate as on May 25 being 8.06 per cent.

Adequate supply of medical essentials has been ensured and more ventilators are being procured. At present, 4,462 beds, 429 ICUs, 343 ventilators and 2,632 oxygen supported beds are available in the Covid hospitals.

Delhi has 19 COVID Care Centres (CCC) with 5,716-bed capacity. The state has 50,000 PPEs in stock.

The Secretary also informed Baijal about augmentation of the bed capacity by 25 per cent in private hospitals with 50 plus beds, earmarking of 20 per cent beds for Covid patients in these hospitals, daily health monitoring of the home isolated Covid patients and raising isolation beds in the CCCs.

The Lt. Governor asked the Health Department to review medical infrastructure capacity building and remove bottlenecks immediately. The trend of the past 10-15 days should be analysed for future management, Baijal said and advised monitoring of containment zones on a dynamic basis for focused action.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular