Islamabad, Oct 4: Pakistan on Wednesday summoned India’s Deputy High Commissioner J.P. Singh over alleged ceasefire violations by Indian troops along the Line of Control in which two civilians were reportedly lost their lives.
Director General (SA & SAARC) Mohammad Faisal summoned the Indian envoy and “filed a strong protest on the unprovoked ceasefire violations” by Indian forces in Rawalakot and Chirikot Sector along the Line of Control (LoC) that also left two others injured on October 4.
“The deliberate targeting of civilians is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity and international human rights and humanitarian laws. The ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation,” the Pakistani official said in a press release.
The Director General urged the Indian army to respect the 2003 ceasefire arrangement and investigate the incidents of truce violations.
The Indian diplomat was also told that India should permit the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan to play its mandated role in Jammu and Kashmir, the statement said.
This come a day after, when Ministry of External Affairs summoned Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner Syed Haider Shah in connection with the death of three minor children by Pakistani troops in unprovoked firing.
The MEA in its statement also recalled previous firing, it said “Strong concern was also expressed at continued unprovoked firing by Pakistan forces across the Line of Control and the International Boundary in violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding. 503 such violations have been carried out by Pakistan forces so far during 2017.”