Connect with us


Pak denies NIA to get access to Masood Azhar



India will not get access to Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) president Masood Azhar, as a highly-placed source in the Pakistan government said. “The demand is frivolous” , official said.

The five-member Joint investigation team from Pakistan is currently in India to seek evidence related to the Pathankot attacks, on the other hand the denial from Pakistan officials of not allowing NIA to access Azhar reveals Pakistan’s real intentions.

Though on Tuesday, NIA chief Sharad Kumar said his team would want to visit Bahawalpur in Pakistan where the Jaish-e-Mohammad is headquartered. They would demand access to Azhar, who the is allegedly believed to be the mastermind behind the Pathankot according to NIA.


Pakistani officials, however, said there is no ‘reciprocity’ to the process. “We are determined to investigate the involvement of the Jaish, but instead of playing to the domestic gallery, India should cooperate with us and help us gather evidence and strengthen the case. The trial against Jaish members will be conducted in a Pakistani court of law so where is the need for granting India access to Masood Azhar,” the official said.

The JIT which is in India probing for the case is supposed to submit a report on their return. India hopes it will help in prosecution of Azhar and his brother Abdul Rauf Asghar.

India believes it has a strong case against Azhar who had to release in 1999 in exchange for passengers on board a Nepal-Kandhar Indian Airlines flight that was hijacked. Azhar organised the Jaish after his release.

Sartaj Aziz, advisor of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, has admitted that one of the phone details shared by India had been tracked to the Jaish-e-Mohammad. Some of the six suicide bombers who laid a siege in Pathankot’s air base had made calls to Pakistan which had been intercepted by India.

Pakistan has detained some of the suspects in connection with the Pathankot attack probe, investigators from the country told their Indian counterparts on Wednesday. “More details about detentions cannot be shared at this moment,” said Sharad Kumar.

But sources said Masood Azhar, chief of JeM, the outfit allegedly behind the attack, or his brother Rauf are not among those detained by the authorities.

Wefornews Bureau


Unhappy Naresh Agarwal joins BJP, says SP prefered Bollywood actress over me as RS candidate



Naresh Agarwal
Naresh Agarwal joins BJP (Photo-ANI)

The Samajwadi Party leader, Naresh Agarwal on Monday joined BJP in the presence of Railway Minister, Piyush Goyal and BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra.

While joining BJP, Naresh Agarwal who is currently the Rajya Sabha member of Samajwadi Party said, “I am joining the BJP as I think that until you are in National Party, you cannot do anything for the society. I am also impressed by PM Modi, BJP president Amit Shah and UP CM Yogi. I still respect Mulayam Singh Yadav and Ram Gopal Yadav, but the current scenario in SP where it is doing a coalition with Congress and sometimes BSP is very sad.”

The leader joined BJP after the Samajwadi party nominated actor and politician Jaya Bachchan for the upcoming Rajya Sabha election in April. The party had to choose between Naresh Agarwal and Jaya Bachchan as they don’t have enough legislators in the assembly to support their candidate.

Talking about Samajwadi Party’s Rajya Sabha candidate, Jaya Bachchan he said, “My comparison was drawn with those working in films… I was rejected for those who dance in films, work in films. I found it not proper. Nobody found it proper.”

Agarwal became tv channels and newspaper’s headline for making controversial statements. In July 2017, he courted controversy in Rajya Sabha by associating Hindu Gods with alcohol, while speaking on the issue of mob violence related with cow protection. However, after his statement, he was made to apologise by BJP.


Continue Reading


India, Pakistan should decide to think of peace: Farooq Abdullah on ceasefire violations



Farooq Abdullah
National Conference party leader, Farooq Abdullah (File Photo)

Kashmir:  National Conference party leader Farooq Abdullah on Tuesday spoke about the situation on the India- Pakistan border in Kashmir. 

The leader speaking on the continous ceasefire violation said,”this will continue to happen.”

The leader urging both the countries to find a diplomatic solution said,”firing will continue to happen on both sides unless the two nations decide to think of peace.”

“The sooner they think about it, the sooner it will stop,” he added.

However this is not the first time when Abdullah has asked for diplomatic solutions, earlier the leader stated that war is not the solution of the Kashmir issue.


Continue Reading


Kabul seeks closure of Taliban’s Qatar office



Taliban office in Qatar
Taliban office in Qatar (Photo- The Newyork Times)

Doha, Feb 24: Kabul has started discussions with the Qatari government to close the Taliban office in Doha as it has had “no positive consequence in terms of facilitating the peace talks with the group in Afghanistan”, a senior government official has said.

“There is no need to keep the office open”, said Mohammad Hanif Atmar, National Security Advisor to President Ashraf Ghani, in an interview with Middle East newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat earlier this week.

“The aim behind opening (Taliban’s) Qatar office was to start official peace negotiations with the terror group from the address, but so far no official negotiation from the office has been started with government. Even a single step has not been taken forward in the peace process through this office,” Qadir Shah, a spokesman for Atmar’s office said.

“It had no benefit for us even after seven years… It is better to close it,” Atmar said.

He also said that Kabul has so far witnessed no sign of “sincere” cooperation from Islamabad in counter-terrorism efforts.

The Taliban had earlier reached out to the US with an offer for talks and urged people to pressurize Washington to bring an end to the invasion of Afghanistan.

The Taliban had said that they preferred to resolve the conflict that began in 2001 through peaceful dialogue and warned that the use of force alone would complicate the problem in Afghanistan.

The group had called on the “American people and the peace-loving Congressmen” to pressurize US leadership to end the occupation of the Asian country, a precondition that Taliban has always maintained to begin any negotiation.


Continue Reading

Most Popular