NSD's 'Bal Sangam' to provide platform to children | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs NSD’s ‘Bal Sangam’ to provide platform to children – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

NSD’s ‘Bal Sangam’ to provide platform to children

NSD acting Chairman Arjun Deo Charan said that the festival is an ensemble of varied performing traditional art forms presented by children.

Published

on

bal sangam nsd

New Delhi, Nov 6 : All set to present the 11th edition of ‘Bal Sangam’ from November 9 to 12 at its premises here, the National School of Drama (NSD) will provide a stage to traditional performing arts and folk theatre from 12 states dedicated to children.

An outreach programme of ‘Sanskaar Rang Toli’ (Theatre-in-Education Company), Bal Sangam is held every alternate year and brings forth the heritage and legacy of art forms that are presented by children belonging to traditional performing families.

The festival will feature folk dances, martial arts, acrobatics and street play performances, along with jugglery, puppetry and magic shows.

NSD acting Chairman Arjun Deo Charan said that the festival is an ensemble of varied performing traditional art forms presented by children.

“We are proud that the TiE Company has been working hard to acquaint children with their cultures, traditions and values,” Charan said.

Stressing that theatre and other performing acts are a great learning medium for exploring and sensitising children towards important contemporary issues, he added, “Such festivals are a wonderful platform to not just perform, but also to learn, travel and share. I have always believed that when children are introduced to the enigmatic world of theatre, they become better human beings.”

Speaking on the occasion, Abdul Latif Khatana, Chief, Theatre-in-Education, said that when child artistes imbibe folk and traditional art forms with the mastery of their art, and their innocence, the performance becomes almost magical.

Different art and craft workshops will also be held during the entire length of the festival.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘Crime Patrol’ actress Preksha Mehta commits suicide

Her last few social media posts hint at mental agony she was going through. In her last Instagram story, Preksha wrote: “Sabse bura hota hai sapno ka mar jaana” (the worst thing is the death of your dreams).”

Published

on

By

preksha mehta crime patrol

Indore, May 26 : “Crime Patrol” actress Preksha Mehta has committed suicide. She was 25.

Preksha took her life by hanging from a ceiling fan on Monday night at her residence in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, reports timesofindia.com.

The actress reportedly left a suicide note but it does not mention why she decided to end her life. As per reports, Preksha went into depression due to lack of work amid the lockdown.

Her last few social media posts hint at mental agony she was going through. In her last Instagram story, Preksha wrote: “Sabse bura hota hai sapno ka mar jaana” (the worst thing is the death of your dreams).”

Apart from “Crime Patrol”, Preksha has appeared in TV soaps like “Meri Durga” and “Laal Ishq”.

This is the second suicide by a TV actor during the ongoing lockdown, when all shooting activity has come to a halt for two months now. A few days ago, actor Manmeet Grewal took his life by hanging from the ceiling fan at his Mumbai home. Reportedly, the actor was in a financial crisis and had run into huge debts.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Amitabh Bachchan is in a state of confusion

The film was slated for a theatrical release earlier this year before the COVID-19 pandemic led to a complete lockdown of the nation.

Published

on

By

amitabh bachchan

Mumbai, May 26 : Amitabh Bachchan’s new post is all about his confusion.

The veteran actor took to Instagram, where he shared a video of himself in slow motion. He then asked a funny question to fans and followers in the caption.

“I don’t know why it hurts when we bite our tongue mistakenly. But it didn’t hurt when we bite it intentionally. And I still don’t understand why you are biting your tongue now,” he captioned the video.

On the film front, the veteran actor will be seen sharing screen space with Ayushmann Khurrana in Shoojit Sircar’s “Gulabo Sitabo”, which will release on Amazon Prime Video on June 12.

The film was slated for a theatrical release earlier this year before the COVID-19 pandemic led to a complete lockdown of the nation.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Karan Johar on self-isolation after two household staff test COVID-19 positive

“We will also ensure that the best treatment and care is provided to them during the illness, and we are sure that they will be fighting fit soon.”

Published

on

By

Karan Johar

Mumbai, May 25 : Two members of Karan Johar’s household staff have tested coronavirus positive. While the filmmaker and his family have tested negative, they will be in self-isolation for the next 14 days.

On Monday, Karan Johar issued a statement which reads: “I would like to inform you that two members of our household staff have tested positive for COVID 19. As soon as the symptoms were detected, they were put under quarantine in a section of our building. The BMC was informed immediately, and the building has been fumigated and sterilized by them as per the norms.”

“The rest of us in the family and the staff are all safe and display no symptoms. We have all taken the swab test this morning, and have tested negative, but will remain in self isolation for the next 14 days for the safety of everyone around us. We stand by our commitment to safeguard everyone and have ensured that all measures prescribed by the authorities have been strictly adhered to.”

“We will also ensure that the best treatment and care is provided to them during the illness, and we are sure that they will be fighting fit soon.”

“These are difficult times but by staying in our homes and taking the right precautions, there is no doubt in my mind that we can defeat this virus. Stay home everyone and stay safe.”

Recently, the house help of another Bollywood producer, Boney Kapoor, tested COVID-19 positive. The help, Charan Sahu, has been placed under quarantine. As per reports, two more staff members at Kapoor’s house have tasted coronavirus positive.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular