July 2, New Delhi : In bid to amplify cashless mode of transaction, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Sunday launched Bharat Quick Response (QR) Code facility for smart cards recharge and token sale.
DMRC’s managing director, Dr Mangu Singh launched this service at Rajiv Chowk metro station in the presence of senior officials.
HDFC is providing this facility and to avail this cashless mode commuters have to logging into their respective Bank App. Qr code will be displayed at the Token Counters/Customer Care Centres accordingly.
At present, commuters can avail this facility at five metro stations namely, Rajiv Chowk, Rajendra Place, Seelampur, Pitampura and Nehru Place.
Later, it will be introduced at other Delhi metro stations.
Here’s how to use Bharat Quick Response (QR) Code :
- Login to your bank application and select payment mode of QR code.
- Next you have to scan the QR code displayed at token counter or customer care at the station to get the merchant details.
- Enter the amount (for the desired token value, smart card recharge value) and click on submit.
- After this transaction will be authenticated using the PIN/OTP details etc. Both the merchant as well as the customers will receive instant notification after the successful transaction.
- First time Bharat QR users have to grant the App to access the camera on your phone