Not satisfied with efforts to rescue 15 miners in Meghalaya: Supreme Court

Meghalaya

New Delhi, Jan 3: The Supreme Court on Thursday expressed dissatisfaction with the rescue operations to trace the 15 miners who have been in an illegal flooded coal mine in East Jaintia Hills district of Meghalaya since December 13 last year.

The Jugedes asked Meghalaya government what steps the state government has taken to rescue the miners.

The Meghalaya government told the court that “the state is taking steps to rescue the trapped miners. 72 NDRF personnel, 14 Navy personnel&Coal India personnel are working since Dec 14.”

Reacting to this, the apex court questioned, “Then, why are they not successful?”

The Court told the Meghalaya government that we are not satisfied with the rescue operations.

WeForNews

Total
2
Shares
Related Posts