No case filed against Hafiz Saeed, says Pakistan PM

Shahid Khaqan Abbasi

Islamabad, Jan 17: Pakistan Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Wednesday said no case has been registered against Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed in Islamabad, adding without it, action cannot be initiated against anyone.

“Action is taken when there is a case registered (against someone),” said Abbasi in an interview, quoted Geo TV.

Earlier in November, the Pakistan Prime Minister had claimed that India has given “no evidence” against Saeed on the ground of which he can be prosecuted.

“The court, a three-judge bench, has released him (Saeed) saying there are no charges against him, the country has a law you know,” asserted Abbasi.

Reacting to this,  Former Pakistan Diplomat Husain Haqqani said Abbasi must back his claim on Hafiz Saeed.

“International community has offered evidence and if Pakistan PM feels that there is no substantial evidence against Hafiz Saeed then he should talk to international community, he stated.

The Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief is also looking to contest the 2018 general elections in Pakistan and has, thereby, formed a party by the name of Milli Muslim League (MML).

Reecently, Islamabad prohibited Saeed’s JuD and Falah-i-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) from collecting donations.

Saeed was released from house arrest after a Pakistani court cited lack of evidence against him in the 26/11 Mumbai attack case.

India has repeatedly protested against Pakistan for harbouring Saeed, who is wanted for plotting the Mumbai attacks which claimed 166 lives.

WeForNews 

Total
17
Shares
Related Posts