NDA allies Apna Dal, SBSP to boycott PM Modi's events | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs NDA allies Apna Dal, SBSP to boycott PM Modi’s events – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Politics

NDA allies Apna Dal, SBSP to boycott PM Modi’s events

Published

on

narendra modi

New Delhi, Dec 29: As Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to visit Varanasi and Ghazipur in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, the NDA allies Apna Dal, SBSP have decided to boycott the events.

PM Modi will address a public rally at the RTI ground in Ghazipur and to release a commemorative postal stamp on the Rajbhar community icon Raja Suheldev.

In Varanasi, he will inaugurate the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) and South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) on the campus of National Seed Research and Training Centre (NSRTC).

However, senior cabinet minister in the Yogi Adityanath government and SBSP chief Om Prakash Rajbhar, who is also an MLA from Zahoorabad assembly constituency in the Ghazipur district, said that he will not attend the prime minister’s programme.

“I will not attend the December 29 programme of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ghazipur,” Rajbhar had stated a few days ago.

Meanwhile, Another NDA ally Apna Dal said that its leader will also skip the programmes.

Apna Dal’s Mirzapur MP Anupriya Patel, who is also part of the Union cabinet, said she stands by the remarks of her husband and party supremo Ashish Patel, who had expressed his frustration with the saffron party over its “treatment” of smaller NDA allies.

Earlier in a day, Patel alleged that arrogant attitude of BJP UP leaders is insulting weaker sections of society.

“Till matter is not solved,will not be part of any Govt progs in UP,even today’s(PM’s event in Ghazipur). Confident that BJP Chief Amit Shah will hear us out”, he told media and urged the Prime Minister to intervene into the matter.

WeForNews

Disaster

Congress leader Sushmita Dev tests Covid positive in Assam, tally 14,032

Gogoi’s legal counsel Santanu Barthakur told the media, “In the morning, I received the news that Gogoi has tested positive for Covid-19.”

Published

on

Sushmita Dev

Guwahati/Silchar, July 9 : While former Congress Lok Sabha member Sushmita Dev has tested positive for coronavirus, the Assam government refuted the media reports that Akhil Gogoi, jailed top farmers leader, tested Covid-19 positive.

On Thursday, Covid-19 death toll rose to 24 and number of cases jumped to 14,032 in the state.

All India Mahila Congress (AIMC) chief and the party”s national spokesperson Dev, daughter of former Union Minister Santosh Mohan Dev, was on Wednesday admitted to the Silchar Medical College and Hospital after she tested nCoV positive.

“I have tested positive for Covid-19. I am asymptomatic as of now,” the 48-year-old Congress leader tweeted. Congress leaders Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra inquired about her health.

On Akhil Gogoi testing Covid-19 positive, Inspector General of Prisons Dasarath Das said he had not received any such report from the health department.

Gogoi’s legal counsel Santanu Barthakur told the media, “In the morning, I received the news that Gogoi has tested positive for Covid-19.”

The Krishak Mukti Sangram Samitee (KMSS) founder is lodged in the Guwahati Central Jail for the past seven months for his role in the protests against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019.

On Wednesday, two associates of Gogoi, who are in the judicial custody, tested Covid-19 positive.

Meanwhile, during the day two more Covid-19 deaths were reported in the state, taking the toll to 24, while the number of cases rose to 14,032.

Two more Covid-19 patients, aged 70 and 56, succumbed to the infection this morning at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital, tweeted Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.

The Health Department is conducting door-to-door Covid-19 testing in Guwahati from Tuesday. The campaign in the Pandu area of the Guwahati Municipal Corporation is being personally monitored by Sarma.

According to the health officials, the number of Covid-19 cases in Assam has climbed to 14,032. Of this, 5,279 are active as 8,726 people have been discharged, three migrated to other states and 24 died.

Continue Reading

Politics

Goa faces health, finance, law and order emergencies: Kamat

Kamat said Goa was not just facing a health emergency, but also an emergency related to its finances as well as the law and order.

Published

on

By

Digambar Kamat

Panaji, July 9 : Goa was in a health, finance and law and order emergency and “no one could say what will happen” in the state over the next 15 days, said Leader of Opposition Digambar Kamat, here on Thursday.

This was staated by the former Chief Minister at a time when Goa reported 136 cases, the new single-day high, on Wednesday and the geographic footprint of Covid-19 appeared to reach new areas.

One sitting MLA had tested positive and an ex-Health Minister died from Covid-19 some days back, Kamat said.

Last week, Clafasio Dias, BJP legislator from the Cuncolim seat, in a video on social media said he had tested Vovid-19 positive and been admitted to the designated Covid-19 hospital. Former Health Minister Suresh Amonkar, who was had co-morbid condition, died from Covid-19 on July 6.

Kamat also demanded a white paper from the Goa”s BJP-led coalition government on the coronavirus scenario in the state. Chief Minister Pramod Sawant was bound to inform the opposition legislators as well as common people about the pandemic and the efforts being made to tackle it.

In view of the rising Covid-19 cases, the Chief Minister has urged people not to venture out of homes and avoid unnecessary socialising to help check infection.

Kamat said Goa was not just facing a health emergency, but also an emergency related to its finances as well as the law and order.

“We know the government treasury is strained because of financial mismanagement and expenses related to Covid-19. Now the police is behaving in a high-handed manner,” Kamat said.

He was referring to detention of three persons in the remote Melaulim village in North Goa. They were picked up while addressing the media on government excesses in land acquisition for the upcoming Indian Institute of Technology campus in the village.

Continue Reading

India

Is Modi Govtr diluting India’s claim on Galwan Valley: Congress

“Dear PM. 1. Are you creating a ‘buffer zone’ in our own territory? 2. Are you pushing our forces back 2.4 KM in our territory? 3. Are you compromising on PP-14 being Indian territory?

Published

on

By

surjewala modi

New Delhi, July 9 : The Congress on Thursday raised questions before Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the status of India’s position in the Galwan Valley. It asked whether a buffer zone in own territory was being created and the claim over the Galwan Valley being diluted.

Congress Chief Spokesperson Randeep Surjewala amid reports that the Indian forces were pulling back asked four questions to the Prime Minister.

“Dear PM. 1. Are you creating a ‘buffer zone’ in our own territory? 2. Are you pushing our forces back 2.4 KM in our territory? 3. Are you compromising on PP-14 being Indian territory? 4. Are you diluting India’s claim over Galwan Valley? India demands answers,” tweeted Surjewala.

He cited a news report in his tweet.

On June 15, Indian and Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers were engaged in brutal hand-to-hand combat at Patrolling Point 14. A total 20 Indian soldiers and an unknown number of Chinese troops were killed in the worst clash in four decades.

As per the agreement between the Corps Commanders, a buffer zone of at least 1.5 km on both sides of the Line of Actual Control has to be created in these areas.

Sources said that in Galwan Valley, the water level of the Galwan river has risen suddenly due to melting of snow, which could have forced the Chinese to move from the area faster. The Indian Army is reported to be using drones to verify Chinese movement as physical verification has been hindered by the rising water levels of the Galwan river.

The report says that at Pangong lake, the most contentious issue between the two sides, Chinese troops have moved up to Finger 4 where they have brought over 120 vehicles and dozen boats. The Chinese army has also opened up a new front in the area near the Depsang Bulge, a tabletop plateau north of Galwan. They have built camps and deployed vehicles and troops.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular