New Delhi, Sep 28 : Raw bananas are very nutritious and are a great source of fibre, beta-carotene, calcium, vitamin A and C. The gluten-free fruit can be used to prepare a variety of delicacies. Vijesh Modi, Senior Sous Chef at The Deltin, Daman, suggests a vegan recipe, which is ideal not just for Navratri fasting but also for regular meals.
Pan-cooked, crunchy raw banana cutlets
- 2 small raw bananas
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- Himalayan salt (sendha namak)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Pressure-cook the bananas and potatoes with their peel on. Cook them for about 3 whistles or 10 minutes. Do not rush through this process as we want the bananas to be soft and tender to make a smooth mash.
- Remove from water and allow them to cool. When comfortable to touch, peel potatoes and banana. Transfer it to a big bowl.
- Mash potatoes and banana with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir in all the spices and add Tapioca flour.
- Grease your hands and shape tikkis.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and add tikkis to it.
- Cook tikkis for 8-10 minutes on low flame, turning occasionally until evenly browned on both sides.
Serve with phalhari green chutney.
(IANSlife can be contacted at [email protected])