My fight is not against Gogoi but with poverty ,says Modi in Assam | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs My fight is not against Gogoi but with poverty ,says Modi in Assam – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

My fight is not against Gogoi but with poverty ,says Modi in Assam

Published

on

Prime Minister Narendra Modi  aggresively  kick started the poll campaign in Assam by saying “My fight is not against  Tarun Gogoi but with poverty.

Addressing a rally in  Tinsukia Modi said,”Gogoi says his fight is with me, but my fight is not against Gogoi but poverty and destruction of Assam.When we got independence, Assam was in the list of top 5 developed states. Now, it is in the list of the worst.”

Announcing chief ministerial candidate of BJP for Assam, Modi said ,”Assam will get a young CM in Sarbanand Sonowal and Assam will scale new heights of progress.”

Asking people to vote for BJP, Modi said ,”I want your blessings, to take Assam to new heights.”

Modi accused Congress of mis governance  and said ” Congress misrule in Assam is reposnsible for the shortage of water in the state  despite possessing huge water resources”

Wooing voters, Modi said,”The day is not far when children in India will be taught A for Assam.”
BJP is contesting Assam elections by joining hands with  Bodoland People’s Front , which is having strong presence in Kokrajhar and its neighbouring areas. The party has been in power in Bodoland Territorial Council since its inception in 2003. With the new alliance, BJP’s prospects of coming to power have been enhanced.

Modi said ,”BJP and allies will together bail out Assam from poverty, corruption, under development”.

Modi  has a hectic day ahead as he has to address four rallies in Tinsukia, Majuli, Bihpuria, Bokakhat and a meeting with locals at Jorhat.

The prime minister is also scheduled to address rallies at Rangapara and Karimganj on March 27, the release added.

BJP’s chief ministerial candidate Sarbananda Sonowal is contesting from Majuli assembly constituency.

Assam will vote in two phases on April 4 and 11.

The BJP is contesting on 91 of 126 assembly constituencies of the state leaving 24 seats for Asom Gana Parishad and rest for Bodo People’s Front and other smaller parties.

India

‘Why are forces vacating our land at LAC’? Congress

The reports say that disengagement between Indian and People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops happened as per the agreed terms in the Corps Commanders’ meeting.

Published

on

India China Ladakh Border

New Delhi, July 7 : The Congress has questioned the government on reports of withdrawal of Indian troops from Galwan valley in Ladakh.

Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said that the country wants response on it.

Surjewala said in a tweet “Respected Prime Minister, do you remember your words and do your words mean something and will you tell that why are our forces leaving our motherland?”

The Congress leader was commenting on reports of Indian and Chinese troops have retreated two kilometres each along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Galwan Valley, where 20 Indian and unknown number of Chinese soldiers were killed in a violent face-off last month.

The Congress questioned the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s statement during the all-party meting held in June where the party said that the Prime Minister had claimed no one had occupied Indian territory and so it demanded Modi should apologise for that statement.

The reports say that disengagement between Indian and People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops happened as per the agreed terms in the Corps Commanders’ meeting.

With the retreat from both sides, a four kilometre no-man zone has been created. “Four kilometres in the highly mountainous terrain like Galwan valley, deprives both sides to see each other’s installations and reinforcements,” sources said.

The two sides have also agreed, sources said, not to do any aerial surveillance of the retreated area, to rebuild trust which was badly damaged due to the June 15 clash.

Continue Reading

Business

Economic mismanagement a tragedy, will destroy millions: Rahul Gandhi

The Congress leader has been raising the issue of economic problems Indians are facing due to the lockdown amid coronavirus pandemic.

Published

on

Rahul Gandhi

New Delhi, July 7 : Reacting to a research report that Indians are worst-hit on the economic front and that 8 out of 10 rural households had lost income during the coronavirus pandemic, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday alleged that the economic mismanagement was a tragedy that was out to destroy millions.

“India”s economic mismanagement is a tragedy that is going to destroy millions of families,” he tweeted.

He said that it would no longer be accepted silently.

The Congress leader has been raising the issue of economic problems Indians are facing due to the lockdown amid coronavirus pandemic.

Rahul Gandhi was quoting research by University of Chicago and Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy, which said that 80 per cent rural and 75 per cent urban households have suffered loss in income.

Congress General Secretary KC Venugopal in a statement on Tuesday said that the country lost nearly 13 crore jobs, with many states reaching unemployment figures of 40 per cent.

Continue Reading

India

May-June status can’t be new normal at LAC: Shashi Tharoor

The Congress has been targeting the government on the Chinese incursions in the Galwan Valley for quite some time.

Published

on

By

Shashi-Tharoor

New Delhi, July 7 : Congress leader and former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, reacting to the disengagement at the LAC, cautioned the government that the May-June status cannot become the “new normal.”

He emphasised that status quo ante should be restored at the LAC.

“Disengagement” is welcome, but means little unless the status quo ante is restored, said Tharoor.

The Thiruvananthapuram MP said that “Otherwise we”ll yet again see both sides declare peace, with China having changed the “facts” on the ground and moved the LAC closer to where it wants.”

“The May-June status cannot become the “new normal,” added Tharoor.

Taking to Twitter, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi had asked when national interest is paramount then “why has status quo ante not been insisted on?”

He also raised questions on why was China allowed to “justify” the murder of 20 unarmed Indian soldiers in our territory? Why is there no mention of the territorial sovereignty of Galwan valley?

The Congress has been targeting the government on the Chinese incursions in the Galwan Valley for quite some time.

Indian and Chinese troops on Monday retreated two kilometres each along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Galwan Valley, where 20 Indians and an unknown number of Chinese soldiers were killed in a violent face-off last month.

The disengagement between India and the People”s Liberation Army (PLA) happened as per the agreed terms in the Corps Commander”s meeting.

With the retreat from both sides, a four kilometre no-man”s land has been created. “Four kilometres in the highly mountainous terrain like Galwan valley, deprives both sides from seeing each other”s installations and reinforcements,” sources said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular