- GST Council to take final call on rate cuts for automobiles
- Lower revenue won’t effect govt’s social sector spending
- Have addressed apprehensions of manufacturers and consumers with respect to EV Policy
- Price rise not an issue, inflation under control.
- Only when economic activity flourishes will tax collections be buoyant.
- Looking at challenges various sectors are facing, speaking to stakeholders. Continuously engaging with all sectors to assess challenges, formulate responses.
- Tax collection target has been given after due consideration and any shortfall won’t affect social sector spend
- The tax assessment process requires a lot more transparency. Tax assessment process must be forces-driven and not discretion-driven.
The finance minister reiterated that no decision has been taken yet on how it will use the surplus transfer from the RBI. “As regards to the surplus reserves, we have not taken a call on how that is going to be used. When we take a call, we will certainly let you know.”