New Delhi, May 15: Wedding happens once in a life, everyone tries to make it grand celebration with bright colours, textured fabrics and beautiful prints dominating the bridal wear.
Emerging trend of the market in the wedding wear market is mixing and matching Indian and western fashion sensibilities to create a fusion feel, say experts.
Kabir Mehra and Samarth Hegde from Herringbone & Sui, a made to measure custom menswear brand, and designer Priyanka Modi from label AM:PM have suggested how.
Mehra and Hegde share tips on menswear:
* When it comes to D-day, men can go for bold prints, floral motifs and brightly coloured fabrics with sober embroidery and for the daytime function try to wear light coloured dress.
* A bandhgala made of pure velvet with black braided trousers is a good option. For a fusion, change the buttons and the lining of your jackets to enhance your personality.
* For another Indo-western option, try Mao jackets made of 100 per cent linen which is good for summers The idea is to add your own sense of style and personality into everything you wear.
Priyanka Modi doles out tips on women’s wear:
* Pair a heavy lehenga with a simple monochrome shirt, or a short jacket. These days bridal silhouettes are in trend.
* Luxurious fabrics like velvet, silk and organza are in demand with pearls and interesting sequins.