Connect with us

Entertainment

Miss India runner-up says “Never stop dreaming”

Published

on

sana dua

Mumbai, June 29: Femina Miss India 2017’s first runner-up Sana Dua, who belongs from Jammu and Kashmir, says she feels proud that with her victory, her state is in the news for the right season.

Through the constant political turmoil in the Kashmir Valley, asked about her veiw of coming from that state to win the first runner-up crown in the beauty pageant, Sana said: “Well, you are right. Our Jammu and Kashmir is in news mostly for wrong reasons, but thankfully this time, (it is in news) for the right reason… For a very good reason.”

“And I hope to make them (the state) very proud… I think only some parts of the state are dealing with disturbance, rest of it is doing well,” Sana said.

How does she hope to utilise the title in the near future?

“I want to work on girls’ education because we all know that if a girl in a household is educated, the whole family is educated. I am happy that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is already working towards the cause.

“I will also be working towards that at an individual level,” said Sana.

Having grown up in an army background, Sana has travelled to different cities with her parents and finished her graduation in law at Panjab University, before entering the glamour world.

Asked about what made her take up modelling instead of practising law, she said: “I always wanted to keep my Plan B ready because you never know what would happen… But my parents were very supportive from the beginning.”

According to Sana, she is open to every opportunity in acting and to build a career in Bollywood.

Any actors who she would like to share screen space with?

“I know it might sound different, but I want to act with Deepika Padukone. She is one of the personalities that I really look up to… She is inspirational. And I would love to meet her and share screen space with her.

Wefornews Bureau 

Entertainment

Sonam, Kareena, Swara refrain from casting couch talk

Published

on

swara kareena sonam
Kareena Kapoor, Swara Bhaskar and Sonam Kapoor at the trailer launch of their upcoming film "Veere Di Wedding.

Mumbai, April 25: Three of Bollywood’s celebrated actors — Kareena Kapoor Khan, Swara Bhaskar and Sonam Kapoor — known for mincing no words on issues, refrained from commenting on the prevalence of the casting couch in the film industry a day after veteran choreographer Saroj Khan’s controversial remark.

The three actresses, along with newcomer Shikha Talsania, were present at the trailer launch of their upcoming film “Veere Di Wedding” here on Wednesday. During the interaction with media, they were asked for their opinion on the casting couch in the Indian film industry.

Swara, who is known for being very vocal about women empowerment and gender equality, said: “Firstly, this topic has nothing to do with our film ‘Veere Di Wedding’, and I think today we should keep our focus on the film. For the rest of thing, you please come on my Twitter timeline.”

Adding to that, Kareena said: “I do not think we should divert focus from this film. This is a very special film, and we have put a lot of effort. I think the film should get its relevant attention.”

Sonam promised to answer questions on the casting couch and women empowerment when she gives personal interviews for the movie.

“I would like to say that all these questions which are not related to film, I promise that we will answer them on one-on-one interactions with you people. But not today. We are trying to keep the focus on the film. We will talk about it in our personal time.”

Produced by Rhea Kapoor and Ekta Kapoor, directed by Shashanka Ghosh, the film “Veere Di Wedding” is releasing on June 1.

PC- Pinkvilla

Saroj Khan, at an event in Sangli, had said the casting couch had been happening since the beginning of time, and that it was not restricted to the film industry where “it provides a livelihood at least”. She later retracted and apologised for the comment.

In case if you have missed, Check the trailer of Veere Di Wedding here: 

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kangana Ranaut to debut at Cannes red carpet

Published

on

Kangana Ranaut

Mumbai, April 25: Actress Kangana Ranaut will be making her debut at the red carpet of the prestigious Cannes Film Festival this year.

The “Queen” star will attend the fest in association with liquor brand Grey Goose as part of its global celebration of cinematic craft — Vive Le Cinema.

“It is overwhelming to witness the recognition and appreciation for Indian cinema at international platforms like Cannes,” Kangana said in a statement to IANS.

“Grey Goose has created a unique platform of celebration to toast the game-changing films at Cannes this year and I’m thrilled to partner with this global icon of luxury in the country of its origin,” she added.

Anshuman Goenka, Marketing Head of Bacardi India, feels Kangana “embodies the cinematic expression of Grey Goose through her passion for the field and ability to fly beyond the realm of commercial cinema”.

The 71st Cannes Film Festival will be held from May 8-19.

This year, acclaimed Indian actress-filmmaker Nandita Das’ directorial “Manto”, a biographical on controversial Urdu writer Saadat Hasan Manto, has made its way to the Un Certain Regard segment of the fest. “Nakkash”, featuring Inaamulhaq, will also be part of the film gala.

Tillotama Shome-starrer “Sir” will be screened at sidebar Cannes Critics’ Week.

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Kesari’ set gutted 10 days before film’s completion

Published

on

kesari fire

Mumbai, April 25: A fire broke out on the sets of Akshay Kumar’s film “Kesari”, destroying the whole set just ten days before the film was expected to wrap up. However, no one was injured.

A source in the know of developments told IANS that Akshay had already left for the day when the incident took place at the set in Wai, over 200 km away from here by road.

“They were shooting a crucial war scene when everyone heard a blast sound, which triggered the fire. The mishap occurred just 10 days before the team was about to wrap the film’s schedule after shooting the climax.

“The explosion was a massive one, but not a single person from the crew was injured,” the source said.

It is not known yet what the makers will do now that the set has been destroyed. While the cause of the fire remains unknown, the quantum of loss they have incurred has also not yet been revealed.

Akshay has teamed up with filmmaker Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions for the movie, being directed by Anurag Singh. The film is said to be based on the Battle of Saragarhi of 1897.

“Kesari”, which is slated for a 2019 Holi release, also features Parineeti Chopra.

IANS

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular