Connect with us

Entertainment

MeToo has shaken up the patriarchy: Sushant Singh

Published

on

Sushant Singh
Sushant Singh (File Photo)

Mumbai, Oct 22: TV actor and CINTAA General Secretary Sushant Singh says the #MeToo movement in India has shaken up the patriarchy, adding there is a tough fight ahead as the patriarchs will not give in so easily.

“#MeToo in India — the ugliness has shaken me up. It has shaken up the Patriarchy too. The patriarchs won’t give in so easily. It’s going to become uglier. Let’s not celebrate right now, this is just the beginning. We’ve a very tough fight ahead of us. Don’t stop now, else” Sushant tweeted:

The #MeToo movement in India started after actress and former beauty queen Tanushree Dutta in September recalled an unpleasant episode with veteran actor Nana Patekar from the sets of “Horn ‘OK’ Pleassss” in 2008.

After that, a slew of controversies surrounding Vikas Bahl, Sajid Khan, Anu Malik, Anirban Blah, Alok Nath, Chetan Bhagat, Gursimran Khamba and Kailash Kher have emerged.

The #MeToo movement began in Hollywood last year with The New York Times reporting multiple sexual assault allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. This led to the opening of a Pandora’s box of complaints against celebrated personalities like Bill Cosby, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey.

IANS

Entertainment

‘Rifleman’ starring Sushant Singh Rajput in legal trouble

Published

on

Sushant Singh Rajput

Mumbai, Jan 21: Actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s upcoming film “Rifleman” has landed in a legal tussle as the markers of recently released “72 Hours: Martyr Who Never Died” claimed they had the original rights to make the movie based on rifleman Jaswant Singh Rawat’s life.

The director of “72 Hours…”, Avinash Dhyani said this on Saturday while interacting with the media at a press conference here.

The film’s producer Prashil Rawat, and lawyer Nagesh Mishra were also present in the press briefing.

Dhyani, who is the director and lead actor of “72 Hours…”, highlights the life of rifleman Jaswant Singh Rawat.

The film released on January 18.

On January 15 (Army Day), Sushant made an announcement through his social media account that he is going to be a part of “Rifleman”.

The producer of Sushant starrer film, Abundantia Entertainment has sent a legal notice to team of “72 Hours…” stating they cannot release their film because they have the original rights to make the film on Rawat’s life.

Dhyani, however, said: “We are not going to step back from this issue. I have been working in this industry since last 15 years. If they (Abundantia Entertainment) think that we are going to succumb under their pressure then it’s their biggest misunderstanding.”

He also slammed Sushant for not verifying the legal aspect before coming on-board for the film.

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Anupam Kher welcomes Vicky Kaushal in ‘actors’ world, gets slammed on Twitter

Published

on

Anupam Kher Vicky Kaushal Uri

Mumbai, Jan 21: Veteran actor Anupam Kher on Monday welcomed Vicky Kaushal in “actors’ world” after watching his performance in the latest release “Uri: The Surgical Strike”.

“Welcome to the ‘actors’ world. You are fantastic in ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’. Real, gutsy and a performer,” Anupam tweeted on Monday.

The 63-year-old actor asked Vicky to remember that he is his own competition.

“The more difficult you make your jo, the more you will explore it. Love and best wishes always,” Anupam added.

But, Kher’s tweet welcoming Vicky to ‘actors’ world did not go down too well with netizens. See how Twitterati reacted to his tweet:

‘Uri’ is based on the surgical strikes carried out by the Indian Army in Pakistan after 2016’s Uri terror attack.

The film sees Vicky playing the role of an Indian commando who is involved in the 2016 surgical strikes.

Uri film

The movie also stars Yami Gautam, Mohit Raina, Kirti Kulhari and Paresh Rawal in lead roles.

Directed by Aditya Dhar, ‘Uri’ has scored a century at the box office.

WeForNews

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tendulkar eagerly waiting for Anil’s Netflix web series ‘Selection: Day Part 2’

Published

on

Tendulkar Selection Day Part 2

Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar engaged in a Twitter conversation with actor Anil Kapoor to announce the second season of “Selection Day”. The official Twitter handle of Netflix then announced that “Selection Day: Part 2” will start streaming from April 22 this year.

The series is a coming-of-age drama about two brothers Radha and Manju who are raised by their strict, obsessive father to be star cricket players in India.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular