#MeToo: Alok Nath raped me, says writer-producer Vinta Nanda | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs #MeToo: Alok Nath raped me, says writer-producer Vinta Nanda – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

#MeToo: Alok Nath raped me, says writer-producer Vinta Nanda

It is the escalating voices against sexual harassment across the world as part of the #MeToo wave that gave Nanda the courage to pen down the exeriences which had left her “shattered”.

Published

on

Alok Nath

Mumbai, Oct 9 : Vinta Nanda, a veteran writer-producer of the avant-garde 1990s’ show “Tara” fame, has accused actor Alok Nath — known for his “sanskaari” on-screen image — of sexually violating her almost two decades ago.

“I have waited for this moment to come for 19 years,” Nanda wrote in a long, heart-wrenching Facebook post, referring to the “predator in question” as “the actor par excellence who is known as the most ‘sanskaari’ (cultured) person in the film and television industry”.

Her suggestive remarks like “sanskaari” and that the person concerned was the “lead actor” and a “television star of that decade” were good enough to make out that Nanda was indeed pointing the finger at Alok.

https://twitter.com/MallikaDua/status/1049328942979665920

Later, confirming the same to IANS via SMS, Nanda said: “It is Alok Nath. I thought saying ‘sanskaari’ would do the needful.”

Alok is known for his roles as a stereotypical Indian father, personifying religious traditions and moral values in films and TV shows.

It is the escalating voices against sexual harassment across the world as part of the #MeToo wave that gave Nanda the courage to pen down the exeriences which had left her “shattered”.

“He was an alcoholic, shameless and obnoxious but he was also the television star of that decade, so not only was he forgiven for all his bad behaviour, many of the guys would also egg him on to be his worst,” Nanda wrote, adding that he even harassed the show’s lead actress who was not interested in him.

Sharing the “worst” that happened, Nanda recounted the incidents that followed after she left a party at Alok’s house at 2 a.m. She says her drinks were mixed.

“I started to walk home on the empty streets… Midway I was accosted by this man who was driving his own car and he asked me to sit in it and said he would drop me home. I trusted him and sat in his car.

“I have faint memory after that. I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly. When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised.

“I couldn’t get up for my bed. I told some of my friends but everybody advised me to forget about it and move on.”

Later, she got a job to write and direct a series for Plus Channel, and again her paths crossed with Alok.

“The man found his way through the casting route and became one of the lead actors on the show. He created an environment in which I was made to feel threatened, so I asked the producers to release me from directing the series because I didn’t want to be around where he was.

“I continued to write the show.”

The “most difficult part” and the “main reason” why Nanda took so long to come out with the truth was because while she was working on this new series, she says, “he asked me to come to his house again and I went to allow him to violate me”.

“I needed the job and didn’t want to leave it as I needed the money. It was after this that I quit.”

Nanda has urged people “who have suffered at the hands of predators, to come out and say it aloud”.

“Don’t hold yourselves back. This is a moment for change, so your silence will only hold barriers to its evolution. Speak out. Shout out from the top of the roof.”

Entertainment

Anushka hits back at Gavaskar: Your message is distasteful

Published

on

By

Anushka Sharma

Mumbai, Sep 25 (IANS): Actress Anushka Sharma on Friday hit back at legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar for his comment against her husband, cricketer Virat Kohli, during the Thursday IPL match between Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), which Kohli captains, and Kings XI Punjab (KXIP).

Gavaskar was a commentator during the match that RCB lost by 97 runs. Opining on Kohli’s poor form during the match, the former Indian opener made a snide remark involving Anushka that many thought was in poor taste.

Anushka took to Instagram Stories and posted a long note expressing disapproval over Gavaskar’s comment.

She wrote: “That, Mr Gavaskar, your message is distasteful is a fact but I would love for you to explain why you thought of making such a sweeping statement on a wife accusing her for her husband’s game? I’m sure over the years you have respected the private lives of every cricketer while commenting on the game. Don’t you think you should have equal amount of respect for me and us?”

“I’m sure you can have many other words and sentences in your mind to use to comment on my husband’s performance from last night or yourwords only relevant if you use my name in the process?”

“It’s 2020 and things still don’t change for me. When will I stop getting dragged into cricket and stop being used to pass sweeping statements?”

“Respected Mr. Gavaskar, you are a legend whose name stands tall in this gentleman’s game. Just wanted to tell you what I felt when I heard you say this.”

Kohli dropped two catches and did not have a great outing during their 97 run defeat against Kings XI Punjab in Dubai on Thursday night.

Gavaskar in the commentary box made an unsavoury comment involving the cricketer’s wife Anushka.

Many on social media have expressed outrage and criticised Gavaskar. Some even demanded that the legendary cricketer be removed from the commentary panel.

This is not the first time that the actress has been dragged into a cricket controversy related to Kohli.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Famed singer SP Balasubrahmanyam succumbs to Covid-19

Published

on

By

Famed playback singer and Padma awardee S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, or popularly SPB or Balu in the movie world and who has recorded over 40,000 songs in 16 languages over a period of five decades died lost his battle against Covid-19 and passed away early Friday, his son S.P.Charan said.

Speaking briefly to the media outside the MGM Healthcare, Charan said Balasubrahmanyam passed away at 1.04 p.m. and thanked the hospital officials for the treatment and service.

He said further details will be shared later.

Since Thursday the indications about Balasubrahmanyam were not good.

On Thursday the MGM Healthcare said the singer remains on ECMO and other life support systems.

“His condition in the last 24-hours has deteriorated further warranting maximal life support and he is extremely critical. The team of experts at MGM Healthcare are closely monitoring his health condition,” the hospital had said.

Since Friday morning a large number of police personnel were deployed outside the hospital.

The singer’s family members were all present at the hospital.

Famed Director Bharathiraja after visiting Balasubrahmanyam at the hospital told the media at this time of grief he was not able to speak anything.

“Even now there is some ray of hope. There is one power above us all,” an emotional Bharathiraja said.

It was movie Director Venkat Prabha who first tweeted about the singer’s death.

Prabhu tweeted “#RIPSPB 1:04pm” announcing the sad news.

On August 5, in a Facebook post, the 74-year old SPB said that he was suffering from a very mild attack of coronavirus and had got himself hospitalised to take rest.

He had said that though the doctors had advised him to stay at home and take rest, he decided to be in a hospital, as at home his family members would get concerned.

He hoped to get discharged from the hospital in two days. But it was not to be.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Cops Deployed Outside Deepika Padukone’s Residence In Mumbai

The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has summoned Deepika Padukone to record her statement on Friday and has asked for her corporation in its investigation of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case.

Published

on

By

Deepika Padukone

Mumbai: Police personnel have been deployed outside the residence of Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, who is expected to reach Mumbai from Goa on Thursday ahead of her appearance before the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), an official said.

The NCB, which is probing an alleged Bollywood-drugs nexus, has summoned Padukone on Friday to record her statement. A team from the Dadar police station has been deployed outside Beaumonde Towers in Prabhadevi, where the 34-year-old actor owns an apartment, as a precautionary measure, the official said.

The NCB, which began the probe after a drugs angle came to light in connection with actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s alleged suicide, has now widened its investigation and asked a clutch of Bollywood celebrities to “join the probe”. Earlier, Padukone’s manager Karishma Prakash was summoned to join the investigation, but she sought time due to ill-health and has been exempted from appearance till Friday, an official had said on Wednesday. Prakash’s WhatsApp chats included conversations about drugs with one “D,” NCB sources said, adding the central agency wanted to find out who this person was and investigate further.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.