Manoj Bajpayee hopes CBFC clears 'Love Sonia' without cuts | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Manoj Bajpayee hopes CBFC clears ‘Love Sonia’ without cuts – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Manoj Bajpayee hopes CBFC clears ‘Love Sonia’ without cuts

Published

on

love sonia

Mumbai, Aug 22: Actor Manoj Bajpayee hopes the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) clears “Love Sonia”, based on women trafficking, without cutting any portion of the film.

“‘Love Sonia’ is based on women trafficking and I hope our censor board passes that film as soon as possible and for that, I would like to urge the censor board to not cut any portion of that film because women trafficking is a very big issue of our society and it’s a horrific crime,” Manoj said here on Tuesday.

“I think if ‘Love Sonia’ will be released without any cuts then whoever will watch it, he or she will get affected and disturbed by the subject of the film. It will make the audience think about that issue so it is necessary to release this film without any cuts so that people will know about women trafficking where small girls are being forced into prostitution.”

He thinks the team has made a really good film.

“Lots of my friends who are directors and have watched it have appreciated the film. Lots of people have seen it at international film festivals,” he said.

“I remember when (Hollywood actress) Demi Moore watched this film in Los Angeles, she wasn’t able to speak for two to three hours after watching it. So that kind of impression… this film leaves on the mind of the audience.”

“Love Sonia” tells the heartfelt and brave story of Sonia, a young Indian village girl whose life changes when she is entrapped into the vicious global sex trade network.

The Tabrez Noorani directorial also features Mrunal Thakur, Freida Pinto, Moore, Richa Chadha, Anupam Kher, Adil Hussain, Rajkummar Rao and Sai Tamhankar.

It is scheduled to release on September 14.

IANS

Entertainment

Will abide by what SC rules on Sushant probe, says Maharashtra Govt

Published

on

By

Sushant Singh Rajput No More

Nagpur, Aug 8 : Though the Maharashtra government opposes a CBI probe in the Sushant Singh Rajput case, it will abide by the Supreme Court’s decision in the matter, state Home Minister Anil Deshmukh said on Saturday.

In a significant statement, Deshmukh told media persons that the state will follow the ruling of the apex court vis-a-vis the probe into the case, but opposes a CBI investigation on grounds of jurisdiction.

“The Mumbai Police are probing the case very thoroughly and professionally. However, we shall go by what the Supreme Court says at the hearing on August 11,” he said.

In the past week, Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh briefed Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, while investigating team members met officials of the Law and Judiciary Department.

The latest stand is different from the Maharashtra government’s earlier stated position that there was no need to hand over the case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as the Mumbai Police are doing a competent job and probing it from all possible angles.

The CBI has registered an FIR based on the case lodged by Patna police on the complaint of Sushant’s father, K.K. Singh.

Last week, the Mumbai Police had cold-shouldered the Patna police team which was camping in Mumbai for several days for probing the Sushant case.

On Friday, irate over his 6-day long quarantine ordered by the Brihan Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) as he reached Mumbai to help the state police team, Patna’s SP, City, Vinay Tiwari hit out at the Maharashtra government after he was released.

“I was not quarantined, but the Sushant probe was quarantined,” he said, before flying back to Bihar as per Covid-19 protocols as directed by the BMC.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bollywood Actor Sanjay Dutt hospitalised

Published

on

By

sanjay dutt

Mumbai, Aug 8 : Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt was hospitalised on Saturday evening after he complained of breathlessness and uneasiness in the chest.

The medical team attending to the actor at Mumbai’s Lilavati Hospital has informed that Dutt has tested Covid negative after a rapid antigen test, although he continues to be kept under observation in the intensive care unit (ICU). His condition is said to be stable.

“Just wanted to assure everyone that I’m doing well. I’m currently under medical observation & my COVID-19 report is negative. With the help & care of the doctors, nurses & staff at Lilavati hospital, I should be home in a day or two. Thank you for your well wishes & blessings,” the actor tweeted with an emoji of folded hands, on his official Twitter account, @duttsanjay.

Dutt, who turned 61 on July 29, suffered from low oxygen saturation levels according to a report in indianexpress.com. On arrival at the hospital, he underwent a rapid antigen Covid-19 test and the result was negative. However, the hospital authorities have also collected a swab of the actor for an RT-PCR test.

The actor returns to the screen in Mahesh Bhatt’s “Sadak 2”. The sequel to the 1991 hit, “Sadak”, reunites Dutt with Pooja Bhatt, and also casts Alia Bhatt and Aditya Roy Kapur in pivotal roles. The film is slated to release digitally on August 28.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sushant Singh case: ED grills Rhea but actor remains evasive

The ED is also seeking the details of the financial transactions of the two companies in which she and her brother were directors along with Sushant.

Published

on

By

Sushant Singh Rajput No More

Mumbai, Aug 7 : The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday questioned actor Rhea Chakraborty, her brother Showik, her chartered accountant Ritesh Shah and her former manager Shruti Modi for over eight hours in connection with the money laundering probe involving the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput.

Rhea was the first to arrive at the ED office in Mumbai along with her brother. They were followed by her former manager and chartered accountant later.

An ED official wishing to remain anonymous said that Rhea remained evasive on most of the questions and claimed to be innocent.

According to top ED officials, the probe agency asked over 20 questions related to the financial transactions from the bank account of the late actor, Sushant Singh Rajput who was found dead on June 14 in his Bandra flat.

The ED officials said that she was asked about the details of movable and immovable properties, businesses, and companies in which she and her family members are stakeholders.

The official requesting anonymity said that the ED also asked Rhea to furnish the details of her address, profession, family members, mode of income, details of bank accounts, and credit cards.

She was also asked to give details about how she knew Sushant Singh Rajput, and for how long.

The ED also asked Rhea to share the details of the financial transactions with Sushant, or if she had any contract with the late actor for her finances and the Income Tax Return (ITR) details.

In a reply about the ITR, Rhea told the financial probe agency that currently she does not have the record of ITR and that she would submit the ITR of last five years through her legal team soon.

The ED also questioned Rhea about her investment in properties including movable and immovable assets and asked about how these properties were bought in Mumbai and from where the money was arranged to buy them.

The ED officials meanwhile submitted the property papers brought to the agency office by her brother.

The ED also sought details if there was any will of inheritance left behind by Sushant, and whether she was also in touch with the family members of the late actor.

The official said that the ED also sought the details of income of her family members and if any of the members are dependent on her.

Rhea will be asked to submit the details of her bank statements and amount of money received from other bank accounts and if any transactions were made from Sushant’s Kotak Mahindra bank account as alleged by his father K.K. Singh in his complaint to the Patna Police on July 25.

Sushant’s father in his complaint to Bihar Police has alleged that Rs 15 crore was withdrawn or transferred from the Kotak Mahindra Bank account of his son which had Rs 17 crore.

The ED has registered a case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act against Rhea and her family members on the basis of the complaint of Singh submitted at the Rajiv Nagar police station in Patna.

The ED is also seeking the details of the financial transactions of the two companies in which she and her brother were directors along with Sushant.

According to ED, Rhea is a director in the firm Vividrage Rhealityx while her brother Showik is a director in Front India For World. The ED has sought details about the nature of business of the two companies and their financial health and transactions.

Meanwhile, her brother was questioned about his profession and his income details and how he managed his expenses.

The ED also gave a set of questions to Rhea’s CA about the financial condition of the actor and how she was managing her expenses and what were the investments made by her and family members.

The ED also sought details of the properties mentioned by the actor and her family members in the ITRs and if any of the family members invested in foreign countries.

On Thursday evening, the CBI also took over the probe against Rhea and her family members and others on the recommendation from the central government after the Bihar government requested for the central agency probe.

Sushant and Rhea were in a relationship before the actor’s death. Sushant’s father has levelled various allegations against Rhea which include taking money from his son and also threatening to disclose his medical reports to the media. Sushant’s family has also accused her of keeping him away from his family.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.