Malegaon blast: NIA likely to give clean chit to Sadhvi Pragya

Male Gaon

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has decided to give a clean chit to Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur in the 2008 Malegaon blast case by dropping her name from its chargesheet to be filed in a Mumbai court on Friday.

As per reports, NIA said the detailed investigations have failed to find any substantial evidence that establishes Sadhvi’s involvement in the blast.

NIA is also likely to tell the court that evidences against the prime accused Colonel Prasad Purohit were fabricated and the investigation led by former Maharashtra Anti-terrorism Squad (ATS) chief Hemant Karkare was flawed.

The initial probe on the Malegaon blast was conducted by the Maharashtra ATS and later handed over to the NIA in 2011.

Before the NIA took over the case, Maharashtra ATS had booked 16 people but filed charge sheets against only 14 in a Mumbai court.

Earlier this month, Media had accessed the court of enquiry papers issued to Lt Colonel Shrikant Prasad Purohit, who has been in jail for eight years in connection with the Malegaon blasts of September 2008, by Ministry of Defence which claims that he has been falsely charged.

The papers validate Purohit’s claims that he had always kept the senior officials in the loop while carrying out intelligence activities that included infiltration of groups like SIMI, Indian Mujahideen and Naxals.

The Malegaon blast in Nashik district of Maharashtra on September 29, 2008 claimed seven lives and left several wounded when two bombs planted on a motorcycle exploded.

Read More: Defence ministry to provide documents to Lt.Col. Purohit, says Parrikar

Wefornews Bureau

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts