New Delhi, June 19: Eye care in summer is essential as harmful UV sun rays can damage the skin around the eyes. A good quality of sunglasses must be there in your wardrobe to protect the eyes, suggest experts.
Ronak Sheth, founder at Opium Eyewear, Uma Singh, medical consultant at Ozone Group, and Ganesh Iyer, Country Head at Coolwinks.com, have tips to share:
* Colour sunglasses that can protect your eyes from UV rays and suits on your face are the best for you.
* Go for big sunglasses that can cover your eyes properly and protect the cornea and the retina from Ultraviolet (UV) light.
* Good sunglasses can block light entering the eyes by as much as 97 per cent to avoid damage. Buy good sunglasses not just for fashion and style.
* Good brand sunglasses can completely eliminate the light from the surfaces such as water, this kind of glare using polarisation.
* Choose the right colour for your sunglasses as some can blur vision, and others can enhance contrast.
* Sunglass frame size should closely match with your face size — smaller frames work better with smaller face and vice versa.