Lata Mangeshkar still in hospital | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Lata Mangeshkar still in hospital – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Lata Mangeshkar still in hospital

Published

on

Lata Mangeshkar

Mumbai, Nov 13 : Bollywood playback legend Lata Mangeshkar is still in hospital due to “viral chest congestion”, but is much better now, according to her family.

The iconic singer was rushed to the Breach Candy Hospital in the early hours of Monday due to viral chest congestion as a “precautionary measure”.

“Lata di is stable and much better. Thank you very much for your prayers. We are awaiting her to be at her best so she can be home soon. Thank you for being with us and respecting our privacy,” her family said on Wednesday.

On Monday, Lata Mangeshkar’s health scare caused a frenzy in the world of social media, where some reports claimed that her condition was critical and some said that she was discharged. Her family is keeping her fans and followers updated about her by releasing statements.

Her family on Tuesday said that she is fighting the illness like a “fighter”.

“Lata ji is stable. Her parameters are good. Honestly speaking, she has fought so well that she is coming out of this setback. Being a singer, her lung capacity has pulled her through. Truly a fighter. We will update everyone when Lataji gets discharged and comes home,” her family said on Tuesday.

The iconic singer, who turned 90 on September 28, became a recipient of India’s highest civilian honour Bharat Ratna in 2001. She has recorded songs in over 36 Indian languages.

Born on September 28, 1929, she has also been honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award and France’s highest civilian award, Officer of the Legion of Honour, besides numerous other national and international awards.

In 1974, the Guinness Book of Records ranked her as the most recorded artiste in history. She had reportedly sung over 25,000 songs between 1948 and 1974.

She has given many musical gems like “Pyar kiya to darna kya” and “Ajeeb dastaan hai yeh”, but doesn’t consider herself to be special.

“I never thought of myself as special even when those who have heard and appreciated my singing said I was. For me, the constant effort in life has been to better myself as a person and an artiste,” she had said in an interview in the past.

Entertainment

Sonal Sehgal to romance Russian co-star in debut co-production

Sonal has produced “Manny” along with Latvian producer Kristele Pudane.

Published

on

By

Sonal Sehgal

Mumbai, July 2 : Actress Sonal Sehgal will romance Russian actor Jurijs Dyakonovs in her debut co-production, the sci-fi thriller “Manny”. The film is directed by Latvian director Dace Puce and stars Russian, British, Latvian, French and Indian actors.

Said Sonal: ” ”Manny” is a sci-fi psychological thriller. The theme of the film is very global. Dace and I felt the cast should be global as well. The script was sent to Jurijs and he gave his nod immediately.”

The film is “futuristic”, she said, and “the process of making the film has also been a very unconventional one”, she added, explaining: “Since my visa was delayed and I was only going to arrive in Latvia one week before the shoot, we decided to do readings over Google hangout. All the actors made themselves available for all the online readings with the entire team and by the time I actually met them, it was like we already knew each other pretty well.”

Sonal has produced “Manny” along with Latvian producer Kristele Pudane.

How was it working with a completely foreign cast? “I was surprised that Jurijs had been to India five times! So, he was very well tuned to Indian culture and did not need a lot of explanation regarding the nuances of my character. I play an Indian girl who travels to Latvia on a writer”s retreat and then gets trapped by AI.”

The film, which is a sci-fi psychological thriller, has been entirely shot in Latvia and shooting was wrapped up in January this year. Since then, the team has been working online to finish the post-production in the time of COVID.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Aditi Rao Hydari: Every story will find space, in OTT or at the theatres

“Sufiyam Sujatyam” is directed by Naranipuzha Shanavas and the film also features Jayasurya, Siddique, Hareesh Kanaran and Dev Mohan in pivotal roles. The film releases on Amazon Prime Video.

Published

on

By

Aditi Rao Hydari

Mumbai, July 2 : “Sufiyum Sujatayum” going to be the first Malayalam film to be released on OTT platform on Friday, and lead actress of the film Aditi Rao Hydari feels though the magic of watching a film on the big screen will always remain, OTT indicates the future.

“We are a generation familiar with the existence of both the worlds. We watch international films and regional films digitally and we go to the theatre to watch our choice of films. I love the magic of watching a film in the theatre, I love it! There, you do not just watch the film. You experience the story and you become part of the world. But, OTT platforms are levellers. This medium encourages content, encourage storytellers to tell stories experimentally. When you look for a theatrical release of a film, there are trappings and commercial structures that at times limit a storyteller to tell the story in a certain manner. So every story will find a space depending on the medium, whether it is OTT or the theatre,” Aditi told IANS.

“Having said that, our film was meant to release in the theatre. But through OTT platforms, we will reach out to a much larger audience at one go! With its immediate reach, OTT is future. Honestly, in the last few years, even we watched so many Malayalam films on OTT platforms only, sitting in Mumbai and not in the theatre. Since ”Sufiyam Sujatyam” is a story of love and quite an emotional and intimate story, the audience will enjoy the film on OTT also.”

On the character she plays in her Malayalam debut, Aditi said: “When I heard the story, I felt a very fairytale-like quality in the narrative. It is almost like a fable that we hear in childhood, where the world and incidents happening around are surreal but all the characters and their emotions are real. I found it fascinating. Also, in the film I am playing the character of a girl who is speech-impaired, which means I have no dialogue. So I didn’t think twice before saying yes to the film!”

She added: “The stories of Malayalam films are good. I watch them and I am a fan of Malayalam cinema. But learning Malayalam is tough. I managed Telugu and Tamil. I am half south-Indian — I am Hyderabadi. Earlier I didn”t do Malayalam films because that is a very difficult language for me to learn.”

With no dialogue in the film, Aditi’s performance was quite internal and challenging. “Such challenges keep me on my toes. I was constantly questioning myself if I am doing it right, to convey every emotion of the girl correctly. It was a combination of challenge, excitement, and eagerness that drew me to deliver my best,” said the actress.

“Sufiyam Sujatyam” is directed by Naranipuzha Shanavas and the film also features Jayasurya, Siddique, Hareesh Kanaran and Dev Mohan in pivotal roles. The film releases on Amazon Prime Video.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nimrat Kaur, Soha Ali Khan among latest celebs to complain of inflated power bills

Published

on

By

Nimrat-Kaur

Mumbai, July 1 : Actresses Nimrat Kaur, Soha Ali Khan and Neha Dhupia are the latest Bollywood celebrities to complain about inflated electicity bills.

Residents across Mumbai have been complaining about abnormally high electricity bills, which they received after the lockdown.

“So like everyone else, I”m struck too @Adani_Elec_Mum. Time to explain this calculation. We can at least be heard here, what about all those who can”t?! #Shockdown,” tweeted Nimrat Kaur on Wednesday.

“Are we just meant to accept these inflated electricity rates and pay them? @Adani_Elec_Mum we have received a bill that is three times our usual amount. Could you please explain?,” shared Soha Ali Khan.

Reacting to Soha”s tweet, Neha Dhupia wrote: “Yes…. same here.. can someone reply from @Adani_Elec_Mum so that we are not left in the “dark”…”

On Sunday, Taapsee Pannu was the first Bollywood personality who called out the power firm for overcharging. Soon, Renuka Shahane, Huma Qureshi, Ranvir Shorey, Dino Morea and Vir Das, among others, were complaining about inflated electricity bills.

“What are these new electricity rates ?? @Adani_Elec_Mum Last month I paid 6k .. and this month 50 k ????!!! What is this new price surge ?? Kindly enlighten us,” Huma Qureshi had shared in a tweet a couple of days back.

Reacting to Huma Qureshi”s tweet on the same, Soha tweeted on Wednesday: “And was any light shone on the matter?”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular