Kulgam encounter: Weapons, bodies of LeT militants recovered in Kashmir | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Kulgam encounter: Weapons, bodies of LeT militants recovered in Kashmir – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Kulgam encounter: Weapons, bodies of LeT militants recovered in Kashmir

Published

on

Jammu, June 17, 2017: Bodies of three militants, including top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) commander Junaid Mattoo, were recovered by the security forces on Saturday in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district where a gunfight took place on Friday.

“The bodies of the three militants who were killed in an encounter with police and security forces in Arwani village were recovered,” a police spokesman said.

“Other militants killed in the encounter were Nasir Wani and Adil Mushtaq Mir.”

Junaid, a notorious terrorist was district commander and took part in a number of militant activities. He was involved in the killing of a police constable on Thursday in Kulgam’s Bogund area, the spokesman said.

“Junaid was also involved in the killing of an assistant sub-inspector and a constable near a bus stand in Anantnag last year,” he said. However, he added that “Nasir and Adil had joined the LeT last year.”

Along with the bodies, arms and ammunition like two AK 47, six magazines and two pouches were also recovered by the security forces from the site.

Read More: J&K: Two LeT terrorists Killed in Kulgam’s Arwani

During the encounter, villagers protested and stone pelted to interrupt the operation of security forces against the militants.

“Some of the militants also fired from within the crowd indiscriminately on the security forces,” he said.

According to the police, civilians were injured in the “cross firing”. Two injured persons succumbed to their injuries later on Friday.

Read More: J&K: Youth killed as security forces open fire during stone pelting

Wefornews Bureau

India

NCR to increase testing using Rapid Antigen Test Kits to reduce transmission rate

Published

on

COVID-19 antibody testing

New Delhi, July 2: During the meeting with Chief Ministers of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Delhi over COVID-19 situation which was chaired by Home Minister Amit Shah it has been decided on increasing testing using Rapid Antigen Test Kits to help reduce the infection transmission rate.

“During the meeting, Home Minister Amit Shah emphasised on adoption of more testing using Rapid Antigen Test Kits to help reduce the infection transmission rate. These kits can be provided by GoI to UP and Haryana. Focus on early hospitalization to reduce mortality rates,” the MHA said.

He also stressed on the extensive use of Aarogya Setu and Itihaas App to help in mapping of COVID in NCR.
The MHA said that Uttar Pradesh and Haryana can avail AIIMS-Telemedicine consultation through which patients will get advice from experts.
The Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan was also present in the meeting.

Continue Reading

Cities

26 die in fresh lightning strikes across Bihar

The Meteorological Department on Wednesday had issued an alert for heavy rain and thunderstorms in the next 48 hours.

Published

on

By

Lightning

Patna, July 2 : In Bihar, more people were killed by lightning strikes in a week than due to coronavirus. On Thursday, 26 more people died in fresh lightning strikes across the state.

An official of the Disaster Management Department said, according to information received from the districts, 26 people died due to lightning strikes on Thursday in the state – six in Patna, four in East Champaran, seven in Samastipur, three in Katihar, two each in Shivhar and Madhepura and one each in Purnia and West Champaran districts.

The Meteorological Department on Wednesday had issued an alert for heavy rain and thunderstorms in the next 48 hours in Bihar.

On Tuesday, 11 people had died by lightning in various districts of Bihar, while on June 26, at least 96 people died across Bihar in lightning strikes.

So far more than 78 people have died due to Covid-19 in Bihar in more than three months since the first case was detected in the state and more than 10,000 are infected with the virus, while more than 125 people were killed by lightning strikes in the state in just a week.

Continue Reading

India

Private trains’ fares to be competitive with airlines: Chairman

Yadav said the train sets would have to be brought by private operators and maintained by them.

Published

on

By

Tejas Express Indian Railways

New Delhi, July 2 : A day after inviting the request for qualifications from private entities for running 151 trains on 109 pairs of routes, Railway Board Chairman V.K. Yadav on Thursday said the private train operations would begin by April 2023 and the fares in these trains would be competitive with air fares on similar routes.

Addressing a virtual press conference, Yadav said private players in passenger train operations would mean a quantum jump in introduction of modern technology and high-speed coaches.

The improvement in technology would also mean the coaches that required maintenance after 4,000 km, would need maintenance after every 40,000 km, that’s either once or twice a month, he added.

Yadav said the train sets would have to be brought by private operators and maintained by them.

“Private train operations are likely to begin by April 2023. All coaches will be procured under the ‘Make in India’ policy. Fares in private trains will be competitive and rates on other modes of transport, like airlines and buses, will have to be kept in mind,” he said.

Yadav said the private operators would pay fixed haulage charges for path, stations, access to railway infrastructure and charges for electricity consumed to the Indian Railways for 35 years. It will also share revenue with the Indian Railways through competitive bidding.

The private entity would have to ensure 95 per cent punctuality and not more than one failure per lakh kilometre of travel. “If any performance indicators are not met by private players, they will be penalised,” Yadav said.

He also said there would be a power metre in every locomotive and private operators would pay for the actual amount of energy consumed.

“Through this the common man will get better trains, better technology and at low cost. The Indian Railways will continue to run 95 per cent of the trains,” he said.

The Chairman said of the 2,800 mail express train operated by the railways, only 151 trains, just 5 per cent, was being given to the private players.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular