Delhi, 26 Nov: After old Rs 1,000 notes are no longer valid for transactions there is some relief for the public as Rs 500 notes can still be used at many places until December 15.
Here is a list of places where you can use old Rs 500 notes:
1. At government Hospitals
People having doctor’s prescription can use their old notes of Rs 500 at government hospitals and pharmacies for medicines and treatment.
2. At pharmacies
People can make payments with the old notes of Rs 500 at all pharmacies but not forget to carry proof by carrying a doctor’s prescription and a form of ID.
3. At ticket counters
You can use old 500 note at the Railway ticketing counters, ticket counters of government or state-run buses and ticketing counters at airports.
4. At Milk booths
Milk booths operating under central and state governments can accept demonetised 500 note.
5. At Petrol pump
Purchase of petrol, diesel and gas at stations operated by state-run oil companies.
6. At crematoria and burial grounds.
7. At international airports
Passengers can also use old Rs 500 notes here.
8. For foreign tourists
The foreign tourists can exchange the currency.
9. Consumer cooperative stores
Costumers can use old note of 500 to purchase items at consumer cooperative stores.
10. Purchase of cooking gas cylinders.
11. Payment to catering services during rail travel.
12. To buy tickets at suburban, metro rail services.
13. For Entry tickets
To buy entry tickets for any monument maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India.
14. Fees, charges, taxes or penalties, payable to the central, state governments, municipal and local bodies.
15. Power and water bills
Payments for utility charges, including water and electricity. Restricted only to individuals or households for payment of only arrears or current charges and no advance payments are allowed.
16. For court fees.
17. Seeds at state-owned outlets
You can buy seeds from designated centres by using old 500 note.
18. School fees of up to Rs 2,000 per student in central, state government, municipality and local-body schools.
19. Fees in central, state government colleges.
20. Top-up of pre-paid mobile SIM for up to Rs 500 per recharge.
21. Crematoria/burial grounds.