Katrina Kaif: Always wanted to start make-up brand | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Katrina Kaif: Always wanted to start make-up brand – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Entertainment

Katrina Kaif: Always wanted to start make-up brand

Published

on

katrina-kaif-wefornews

Mumbai, Oct 23 : Actress Katrina Kaif, who recently launched her make-up brand KayByKatrina, says she always wanted to start her own make-up brand as she has ample knowledge of the subject since her modeling days.

“I always had this thought and dream more than anything to start a beauty brand. Right from the time I started as a model, make-up has always been something I have understood, I played with it a lot and I experimented a lot. It was just natural progression,” Katrina said about foraying into the make-up industry, while interacting with the media at launch of her brand KayByKatrina on Tuesday in Mumbai.

Katrina pointed out that make-up just helps to enhance beauty. “I do believe that beauty does not come from make-up. We do make-up to enhance or highlight the beauty that’s already there in every woman. I think every woman is beautiful and unique in her own way, so you have to celebrate that, she said.

The actress added: “When you celebrate that and you are comfortable in your skin that’s when you really are beautiful. Then, you just have to have fun with make-up. It is for highlighting the features you love, and you use it as to enhance the person you already are.”

KayByKatrina was launched in association with the beauty and skin-care brand Nykaa. On the tie-up, Katrina said: “I needed to be find partners who had all the information and the expertise. So, once I met Falguni (Nayar; founder and CEO of nykaa.com), we went full steam ahead to putting this into production. It’s been two years of passion, hard work and determination to put up this brand, which is finally live today in the stores.”

Katrina Kaif will next be seen in Rohit Shetty’s “Sooryavanshi”. The cop drama features Akshay Kumar and is scheduled to hit the screens on March 27.

Entertainment

Disha Salian’s body was not found naked, says Mumbai Police

The Salians also said that while Mumbai Police are doing a good job, it was distressing for them to see sections of the media defaming their daughter.

Published

on

By

Disha Slain

Mumbai, Aug 9 : The Mumbai Police on Sunday categorically denied reports in a section of the media that the body of Disha Salian, the former manager of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput, was naked when it was discovered.

“This is to clarify that the reports of Disha Salian’s body being found naked are false,” said Mumbai Deputy Commissioner of Police, Zone 11, Vishal Thakur.

He said that after the incident, police had immediately rushed to the spot and also did a ‘panchnama’ (report of the scene of crime) of the body in the presence of her parents.

Salian had been found dead after falling from a building in Malad on the night of June 8. Six days later, Sushant was found dead at his Bandra flat and the two incidents sparked off a huge political row.

Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut on Sunday, however, flayed the manner in which some politicians were attempting to link the two separate incidents for political gain.

“A BJP leader has alleged that Disha Salian was raped and murdered by throwing her down a building. This is most insensitive towards her grieving family members,” he said.

The Sena leader said that Salian’s family has already made it clear that the rape-and-murder theory about their daughter is false and urged all concerned not to tarnish the family’s image.

In a TV interview, Disha’s parents, Satish and Vasanti Salian have dismissed all speculation that their daughter was pregnant, raped or murdered and said the Mumbai Police have shown them all the records.

The Salians also said that while Mumbai Police are doing a good job, it was distressing for them to see sections of the media defaming their daughter.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Sushant case: Shiv Sena slams BJP for ‘maligning’ Thackerays

“They dragged the investigations. Calling film personalities regularly fuelled gossip and it must be ascertained if this was an attempt to terrorise Bollywood,” said Raut.

Published

on

Sanjay Raut

Mumbai, Aug 9 : Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut on Sunday attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for “politicising” the Sushant Singh Rajput case by linking a state minister for alleged political gains.

In a strongly worded column in party newspaper ‘Saamana’, Raut claimed that this was a conspiracy of the BJP with the help of a section of the media to malign the Maharashtra government under Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.

“One TV channel uses derogatory, defamatory, and threatening language against the CM. This has distressed many, including Nationalist Congress Party President Sharad Pawar. A section of the media has the support of the opposition party which seeks to destablise the government. Pawar asked me what action the government has initiated over the disrespect meted to Thackeray who holds a Constitutional post,” Raut said.

He suspected that the entire matter was scripted in advance, with the opposition linking Tourism Minister Aditya Thackeray to the case only because he shared cordial relations with several Bollywood personalities, and dubbed it a “conspiracy against the Maharashtra government”.

Targetting the Bihar Police, Raut said it has unnecessarily jumped into this case, especially since nobody stood behind Sushant Singh Rajput during his struggling days, and whatever the actor achieved was due to Mumbai.

“Sushant and his father Krishna Kishore Singh did not enjoy cordial relations, as he was upset by the latter’s (father’s) decision to remarry. He was instigated to lodge the FIR with Bihar Police, which came to Mumbai to investigate an incident which occurred here. Bihar Police is not some ‘Interpol’. This is not acceptable,” Raut declared.

Slamming Bihar Director General of Police Gupteshwar Pandey, the Sena leader said that he has been breaking service rules by taking part in TV debates, commenting on Mumbai Police, and other objectionable actions.

“Who is this Pandey? In 2009, he had quit the police service to contest as a BJP candidate from Buxar, but after the then party candidate threatened rebellion, Pandey withdrew — his situation became ‘na ghar ka, na ghat ka’, with his political mission failing,” said Raut.

Later, he pointed out, Pandey pleaded to rejoin service, with his wife reportedly appealing that when he quit the police force, he was not mentally stable.

“If such a ‘mentally unstable’ person is still taken back on duty, that’s Bihar government’s problem. But today, he is among the closest to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, and now media reports suggest he will contest the Assembly elections on a JD-U ticket,” Raut alleged.

Raut said given the high-profile matter, the Mumbai Police should have briefed the media on the probe’s progress every alternate day and made it clear it would investigate if any minister’s or politician’s name cropped up.

“They dragged the investigations. Calling film personalities regularly fuelled gossip and it must be ascertained if this was an attempt to terrorise Bollywood,” said Raut.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Bigg Boss 2020: Salman shoots for promo in Panvel

Reportedly, “Bigg Boss 14” will start from September 27 on Colors TV. It has also been reported that theme of the upcoming season is based on the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Published

on

By

bigg boss 2020

Mumbai, Aug 9 : Superstar Salman Khan is all set to come up with the fourteenth season of the controversial reality TV show, Bigg Boss.

Makers on Saturday unveiled the show’s first promo, in which we can see host Salman Khan doing farming at his farmhouse in Panvel.

“Lockdown laya normal life me speed breaker. Isliye uga raha hu chawal aur chala raha hu tractor. Par ab scene paltega,” Salman said in the teaser video.

The first look has surely left the fans excited.

“Can’t wait to see the new season,” a user commented.

“Best news of 2020. Eagerly waiting for it,” another one wrote.

Reportedly, “Bigg Boss 14” will start from September 27 on Colors TV. It has also been reported that theme of the upcoming season is based on the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.