Salient Points from Mr. Kapil Sibal’s Speech in Rajya Sabha on Draft National Education Policy
1. Access, Equity and Quality should be the three pillars of a education policy.
2. Draft NEP fails to address the issue of Access, Equity and Quality.
3. ICT in education can’t be incorporated without a optical fibre network; the progress of NOFN under this government is dismal.
4. Right to education from Class VIII to Class XII should be made a fundamental right.
5. There is nothing in this draft policy on accreditation of schools.
6. Are the proposed 100 innovation universities going to teach RSS ideology?
7. 99% of teachers failed in the CET and the government talks about incorporating quality in the draft policy.
8. The draft NEP has failed to form a strategy to deal with states like UP and Bihar, where maximum no of children are of a school going age.
9. Dump this draft into the dustbin
10. Education is not about politics and ideology; it is about empowerment.
11. Education shouldn’t be looked from the point of view of a government or institution; it should be looked at from the eyes of a child.