Kanpur Killing: Intelligence Bureau roped in to trace UP gangster Vikas Dubey | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Kanpur Killing: Intelligence Bureau roped in to trace UP gangster Vikas Dubey – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Kanpur Killing: Intelligence Bureau roped in to trace UP gangster Vikas Dubey

Dubey had illegally occupied land worth crores of rupees in Kanpur and other places. He also owned a number of luxury vehicles, apart from owning expensive furniture and electronic gadgets.

Published

on

Vikas Dubey.

New Delhi, July 4 : The Intelligence Bureau, the country’s elite intelligence agency, has been roped in to trace wanted criminal Vikas Dubey for killing eight policemen in Kanpur. The Intelligence Bureau sleuths are now helping the Uttar Pradesh Police’s Special Task Force (STF) to trace the whereabouts of one of the gangsters Dubey, who has around 60 cases in his name and also has political patronage.

Sources said the Intelligence Bureau and the Special Task Force suspect that the gangster is in hiding in the ravines of Beehad in Chambal. They have also sought from the Madhya Pradesh Police in finding the whereabouts of Dubey. The police are looking for the whereabouts and if he is not being traced within the next 24 hours, it is learnt that the state government will announce a huge reward to know his whereabouts.

During probe, it was found that Dubey had close links with various state lawmakers and the law enforcement agency — UP Police. “If caught, he would a Pandora’s box. The entire nexus between gangsters, politicians and bureaucrats in UP would be exposed,” said a top IPS officer.

Earlier in the day, the UP government demolish the well-fortified house of the gangster in Kanpur. He shot dead eight police personnel in Bikru village under Chaubeypur police circle in Kanpur

Dubey’s father and his family members, along with their servants, were asked to vacate the premises and were cordoned off from an area of 50-metre around the house before launching the demolition drive. Even the structures used to park their vehicles within the compound were demolished.

The house, which not only has 30-to-40-feet-high thick walls on the perimeter, was secured by concertina wire and 50 CCTV cameras.

Dubey had illegally occupied land worth crores of rupees in Kanpur and other places. He also owned a number of luxury vehicles, apart from owning expensive furniture and electronic gadgets.

The Dubey gang shot dead eight police personnel early on Friday. During a police operation to nab Dubey, eight policemen, including a deputy superintendent of police, were shot dead and seven others injured.

Acting on a complaint filed against Dubey for attempt to murder, the police team which went to nab the gangster was ambushed, in one of the bloodiest attacks on the police in the state.

Dubey has enjoyed political patronage over the years under various parties, and has 60 cases lodged against him since 1993 for murder, robbery, kidnapping and land grabbing.

In 2001, he was accused of killing a BJP leader and Minister of State, Santosh Shukla, inside the Shivli police station. Dubey was not arrested due to lack of evidence, which a political watcher in the state owes to the sway of terror and influence he wielded.

Cities

Bihar CM Nitish recommends CBI probe into Sushant Singh case

Sushant Singh Rajput’s family on Tuesday made a formal request to the Bihar government through their lawyer, Vikas Singh, that a CBI probe should be ordered in the case.

Published

on

Nitish Kumar Sad

Patna, Aug 4 : The Bihar government on Tuiesday recommended a CBI inquiry into the alleged suicide of actor Sushant Singh Rajput.

Kumar Saturday said that he was open to recommending the CBI probe into Sushant’s death if the late actor’s father requests the state government for it.

Sushant’s family on Tuesday made a formal request to the Bihar government through their lawyer Vikas Singh that a CBI probe should be ordered in the case.

“The DGP spoke to Sushant Singh Rajput’s father this morning and he gave consent for CBI inquiry. So now, we are recommending CBI probe in the matter,” Bihar CM Nitish Kumar told ANI.

Sushant’s father Krishna Kumar Singh (74), who resides in Patna, had last month lodged a complaint with the Bihar Police against actress Rhea Chakraborty, her family members and six others for abetment to suicide of his son and fraud. Singh has accused Chakraborty, the purported girlfriend of Rajput, of having befriended his son in May 2019 with the intention of furthering her own career.

He also wanted a police investigation to ascertain where the Rs 15 crore deposited in a bank account held by Sushant was transferred. However, the investigation has flared into a tug of war between the Bihar and Mumbai Police. Amid escalating acrimony between Mumbai and Bihar police over jurisdictional issues, an IPS officer who had landed in Mumbai on Sunday for leading the SIT probe in the case, was quarantined under the COVID-19 regulations in force in the city, a development Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar called “inappropriate and forcible”.

Bihar police chief Gupteshwar Pandey said in Patna that the state police would lodge a formal protest with the Mumbai municipal authorities over the “forcible quarantine” of Vinay Tiwari who was on official duty.

The issue resonated in the two Houses of Bihar legislature, with lawmakers across the political divide demanding a CBI investigation into the death of the 34-year-old Patna-born actor.

Both Mumbai and Patna police are probing the case parallelly.

Continue Reading

Cities

IPS officer under house arrest on pretext of quarantine: Bihar DGP

Published

on

Gupteshwar Pandey IPS

Patna, Aug 4 : Expressing his displeasure over what he called non-cooperation of Mumbai Police in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case, Bihar DGP Gupteshwar Pandey claimed that IPS officer Vinay Tiwari was put under house arrest in Mumbai on the pretext of quarantine.

Tiwari was ‘quarantined’ by the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation on Sunday night after he arrived in the metropolis regarding the investigations into the Rajput case. The IPS officer from the Bihar cadre is heading a team of state police investigating the case.

Speaking to IANS, Pandey alleged that the Mumbai Police was “not cooperating” with Bihar Police in the probe into the alleged suicide case of the Bollywood actor and was “speaking the language of actress Rhea Chakraborty” who has been blamed by the bereaved family for the death of Rajput.

“Mumbai Police is parroting Rhea Chakraborty’s stand. She is saying Bihar Police can’t investigate the case and the Mumbai Police is supporting her contention,” Pandey remarked.

“There is a certain respect that is due to an IPS officer. What message does the Mumbai Police want to convey to junior officials? They go like thieves and put an officer under house arrest. A few days ago, one of our officers was shoved and forced to sit in a prisoners’ van. I denied all this to the media to save the reputation of the Mumbai Police. But this did happen as all saw the incident.”

“We are trying to bring out the truth in the case. We too are adamant that we will not let the matter rest,” the Director General of Police said.

The Bihar DGP said that the situation was so bad now in Mumbai that he was sure to be put under house arrest if he visited the metropolis to clear up things.

Pandey claimed that he had tried many a times to talk to the Mumbai Police chief but his calls had not been received. Nor has there been any revert from Mumbai Police, he added.

“A day after Rajput’s body was found in his Mumbai flat, I tried to talk to Mumbai Police chief Param Bir Singh, but he did not take the call. He also did not call back. I even sent a WhatsApp message, but there was no reply.”

The Bihar DGP said he had tried to call up again on Monday, but in vain. “We are now waiting for the Supreme Court to decide the issue. The investigations in the case can’t be done without cooperation between the Bihar and Mumbai Police.”

He alleged that the Mumbai Police was not even ready to show them the post-mortem report, CCTV footage, ‘panchnama’, forensic lab report etc regarding the case.

Continue Reading

Cities

Delhi govt bans use of hookah in hotels, restaurants to stem COVID-19 spread

Delhi has so far recorded 1,38,482 COVID-19 cases and 4,021 people have died due to the disease.

Published

on

hookah bar

New Delhi, Aug 3 : The Delhi government on Monday banned the use of hookahs, with or without tobacco, in all public places, including hotels, restaurants and bars, with immediate effect to control the spread of COVID-19.

Smokers are likely to be more vulnerable to COVID-19 as smoking means the fingers are in contact with the lips which increases the possibility of transmission of the virus, the health department said in an order.

“Smokers may also already have lung diseases or reduced lung capacity which would greatly increase the risk of serious illness,” it said.

Smoking products such as water pipes often involve the sharing of mouthpieces and hoses, which could facilitate the transmission of COVID-19 in communal and social settings, the health department said.

Therefore, the use and sharing of hookah, with or without tobacco (herbal hookah), “which might further increase the spread of SARS-CoV2, is strictly prohibited in all public places, including hotels, restaurants, bars, pubs, eateries, discotheques, etc. in Delhi with immediate effect to prevent and control the outbreak of COVID-19”, it said.

Delhi has so far recorded 1,38,482 COVID-19 cases and 4,021 people have died due to the disease.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular

Corona Virus (COVID-19) Live Data

COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.