Kamal Nath questions Modi's claims on surgical strikes | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Kamal Nath questions Modi’s claims on surgical strikes – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Kamal Nath questions Modi’s claims on surgical strikes

Published

on

Kamal Nath

Chhindwara (MP), Feb 21: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath on Thursday questioned the claims of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on surgical strikes and launched a fierce attack on former chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for his “blatant lies and hunger for credit”.

“The BJP does not remember the 90,000 Pakistani soldiers who surrendered during Indira Gandhi’s tenure. They will not want to hear about that. They claim carrying out a surgical strike. Which surgical strike? When and where was the surgical strike? Tell the country about it clearly,” he said.

About Chouhan, Kamal Nath said he hankers after credit without really doing much by way of action. “He is a loudmouth,” the senior Congress leader said.

Kamal Nath said Modi keeps talking about nationalism, Pakistan, Hindu-Muslim divide and needless issues like CAA.

“He seldom talks about farmers and youth and key issues like unemployment or economy,” the chief minister said.

Kamal Nath said his government would not implement the Citizenship Amendment Act and National Population Register in Madhya Pradesh.

“During the 15-year rule of BJP, those who were never tired of talking about Cows did not work to build a single cow shed in the state,” he said.

Kamal Nath inaugurated the first Gaushala of the district constructed at a cost of Rs 30 lakh in Umarhar village.

He said “we had promised to build a cow house in every panchayat of the state, we are working in that direction to fulfil our promise”.

The Chief Minister said Chouhan had recently claimed he had facilitated the supply of water from Machagora reservoir and got a medical college for Chhindwara. “These are plain lies,” he said.

In March 2014, the UPA government had approved a medical college in Chhindwara, Chouhan tried to get that approval revoked after Narendra Modi government came to power.

India

Covid-19 claims 4 men in Mumbai, 57 new cases

Published

on

By

coronavirus cases

Mumbai, April 6 (IANS) Mumbai recorded four new Covid-19 deaths – all males – and the number of positive cases increased by 57, the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said here on Monday.

This has taken Mumbai’s total toll to 34, and the number of positive cases to 490 till date. While 150 suspected cases were admitted, five who are fully cured have been discharged from hospitals.

The four who passed away are aged 41, 52, 62 and 80, and had been admitted to various Mumbai hospitals.

They individually suffered from other diseases like bronchopneumonia, alcoholism, hypertension, epilepsy, paralysis, diabetes, etc. and tested Covid-19 positive.

As many as 3,990 persons who were in quarantine out of 10,968 completed their isolation period till Sunday and the BMC has declared 226 ‘containment zones’ in the city which are being updated regularly.

Health Minister Rajesh Tope hinted that the withdrawal of lockdown would depend on the situation in the state between April 10-15.

“It will entirely depend on how the situation develops then (April 10-15), and we will consider various factors, particularly for Mumbai-Pune, which have a large number of cases,” he said.

H said the call would be jointly taken by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, Deputy CM Ajit Pawar besides him, who would consider how other countries have come out of lockdown and World Health Organisation guidelines besides the Centre’s directives.

“Whenever it happens, it is certain that in Mumbai and Pune, it cannot be at one go. We would have to exercise extreme precautions,” Tope said, dropping broad hints.

Continue Reading

India

Bengaluru top cop warns social media hate mongers

Published

on

By

social Media
Representative Image

Bengaluru, April 6 (IANS) City-based social media enthusiasts have been warned not to spread hate amid the Covid pandemic.

“Lot of unwanted hate is being created on social media. Pray don’t be party to share, forward and liking such messages,” tweeted Bengaluru Police Commissioner Bhaskar Rao, here on Monday.

Rao said stringent provisions of the National Disaster Management Act could be invoked for such offences.Calling for unity, the Police Commissioner said the world was fighting a common enemy.

Underscoring the importance of life than a job, he said the social distancing would be enforced more stringently henceforth. “Social distancing will be enforced more stringently in public interest. Your life is more important than your job,” Rao tweeted

Continue Reading

India

Delhi violence: Jamia researcher’s police custody extended

Published

on

By

Delhi High Court

New Delhi, April 6 (IANS) The police custody of a 35-year-old Jamia Millia Islamia research scholar was extended by nine days by a Delhi court on Monday.

Meeran Haider was arrested for allegedly hatching a conspiracy to incite violence in the northeast Delhi in February. He is president of Delhi’s youth wing of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD).

Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sudhir Kumar Sirohi allowed Haider’s custodial interrogation after Delhi Police contended that he needed to be confronted with other accused and unearth the larger conspiracy.

He was presented in the court at the end of his three-day remand. Widespread violence between groups supporting the changed citizenship law and opposing it had spiraled out of control in February, leaving 53 people dead and scores injured in its wake.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular