Connect with us


J&K: 2 more Jawans lost their lives taking the death toll to 6,operation underway

The two killed soldiers were identified as junior commissioned officer (JCO) Madan Lal Chaudhary and NCO (non-commissioned officer) Ashraf Ali, both belonging to the state.



Sunjwan operation

2 more security personnel and one civilian have lost their lives, taking the death toll to 6. Whereas the number of terrorist killed by the army personnel has reached 4. Operation underway.

Earlier Two Junior commissioned officers and one Non-commissioned officer of the Army were killed and and nine others, including women and children, injured when a group of heavily-armed JeM militants dressed in army fatigues stormed a military camp here in a pre-dawn attack on Saturday, hurling grenades and spraying automatic gunfire as they entered the family quarters when everyone was asleep, officials said. Three terrorists have been killed so far, while the others are still holed up.

The two killed soldiers were identified as junior commissioned officer (JCO) Madan Lal Chaudhary and NCO (non-commissioned officer) Ashraf Ali, both belonging to the state.

Nine others – five of them women and children including the daughter of the slain JCO who had come to visit her father during school holidays – were injured. Two were in a critical condition.

“As part of the ongoing operations in Sunjuwan, the army has killed two heavily armed terrorists. The terrorists wearing army combat dress were carrying AK-56 assault rifles, large amount of ammunition and hand grenades.

“Search of their belongings confirms the terrorists to be from Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM). Operations are in progress with extreme caution and restraint to safeguard the unarmed soldiers, women and children in the houses,” a Defence statement said.

Most of over 150 houses in the complex have been cleared and occupants moved to safety, it said.

“Operations will continue till all the terrorists are apprehended or killed”.

Besides recovering arms and ammunition from the slain terrorists, JeM flags have also recovered from them.

Defence sources said that soldiers at the Sunjuwan Military Station close to Jammu city noticed suspicious movement near the camp around 4.45 a.m.

Suspecting they could be militants, the soldiers challenged them. But the gunmen hurled grenades and opened fire from automatic weapons, the sources said.

The militants then entered the JCO family quarters in the vicinity and holed themselves up in one of the houses.

“The attack has now been contained. Most of the families have been evacuated from the junior commissioned officers quarters where the terrorists had entered. Before the final assault on the terrorists, we are making sure that no civilians are harmed in this operation,” the statement said.

Sources said room-to-room intervention was going on to pin down the militants inside the JCOs’ residential building.

Army sources said the terrorists have been pinned down and the operation is being carried forward cautiously so that no further security force or civilian casualties occur.

Para commandos were airlifted from the army’s Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur town to flush out the holed-up militants, believed to be three to four in number.

The air force has been providing aerial surveillance to the security forces during the operation against the militants who have been surrounded inside one of the buildings.

All educational institutions within half a kilometre radius of the camp were shut down for the day.





IAF fake recruitment website found, FIR filed



New Delhi, March 22: The Indian Air Force on Thursday filed an FIR against unidentified persons for creating a fake website to provide employment opportunities in the IAF.

The fake IAF website was identified by one of the officers of IAF and hence a complaint was registered on March 16, under the Information Technology Act, ANI reported.

According to FIR, the reprobates, who created the fake website called applications for various posts.

Wing Commander Manjit Singh, said “The application form said it was for a vacancy in the ‘civilian group C posts in the Air Force record offices.”

Singh posted at the Army headquarters in New Delhi immediately noted down the website’s name “”.


Continue Reading


PM Awas Yojana: Only 8 percent houses built in 3 years



New Delhi, March 22: The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) for urban areas which promised “housing for all” by 2022, has barely completed target of  8%, or 3 lakh of the 40.6 lakh houses in last three years.

However, the condition of the rural version of PMAY is better, as under this scheme 30%, or 28.8 lakh houses, have been completed against the 95.4 lakh targeted by the rural development ministry in 15 months since the plan was inaugurated, the Times of India reported.

According to data on the websites of the urban affairs and rural development ministries, on March 5 this year, the ministry had considered 8,341 projects under PMAY involving 40.6 lakh houses.

But only 3.4 lakh houses have been constructed so far. while work is underway on 18 lakh or about 44% of the target.

However, the data doesn’t show the stage of development for these houses.

Among those completed, about 3 lakh houses are occupied.

On June 25, 2015, the PMAY (Urban) was launched by Prime Minister Modi aiming to build two crore houses for the poor in urban areas by 2022.

Responding to TOI’s questions, the joint secretary and mission director, housing for all, in the urban housing ministry stated, “Keeping in view that housing projects take 18-24 months to complete (in case of projects under two categories), we can expect that in the financial year 2018-19, the pace of PMAY (U) will pick up quite significantly”.

While, PMAY (Rural) was inaugurated on November 20, 2016, and projected to build 1 crore new houses by March 31, 2019. Ou of which, 51 lakh houses were to be completed by end-March 2018. Thus, the 27.7 lakh actually completed are only about 54% of the target at present.


Continue Reading


Delhi Budget 2018-19: 26 % allocation for Education, Health gets 12.7 %



New Delhi, March 22: Delhi Finance Minister Manish Sisodia on Thursday presented Budget for 2018-19 before the assembly with emphasis on environment and health. 

While announcing the Budget, Sisodia said it estimates are pegged at Rs 53,000 crore which is 19.45 percent more than the revised budget estimates of Rs 44,370 crore for the last fiscal.

Sisodia also described the budget a “Green Budget” and vowed of round-the-year, real-time pollution study.

The study will be a part of a 26-point programme to control pollution in Delhi.

“We are going to thread 26 programmes and schemes of transport, power, environment and PWD for devising a unified system of pollution control, bringing down levels of different pollutants,” he added.

Below we have enlisted top announcements of the Budget 2019-19:

Rs 6,729 crore has been allocated for the health sector, which is 12.7 percent of the total

Project to install 200-250 CCTVs will be completed by June 2019

Rs 100 crore sanctioned for free WiFi scheme

Rs 1500 crore allocated for infrastructure development of unauthorised colonies.

1000 electric buses to be on roads by March 2019

Rs 403 crore had been allocated for Mohalla Clinics and Polyclinics. Also, mobile van clinics were to be established with Rs 15 crore

For Infrastructure development Rs. 1,500 crore allocated

1,000MW of solar and wind power will be bought

Tablets will be provided to all teachers in government schools in a bid to help them keep an online record of students

Twenty-six percent of the Rs 53,000 crore has been allocated for education


Continue Reading

Most Popular