New Delhi, Aug 24: The pre-booking of Reliance Jio Phone in just Rs 500 will start today from 5.30pm online/offline on first-come-first-serve basis and the rest Rs 1,000 has to be paid at the time of delivery in September.
The total amount will be refunded after 36 months when the customer returns the phone.
The phone will be available at Reliance Jio Infocom’s retail stores, the website and the Jio App. The booking can be made through UPI, credit card, debit card and net banking.
The device supports 24 Indian languages and has digital assistant along with the support for voice commands.
Some of the key features of the phone:
1) Alpha numeric keypad; 2.4 inch QVGA display
2) FM radio; Headphone jack; Torch light
3) SD card slot; Battery with charger
4) Four way navigation system; Phone contact book
5) Call history facility; Jio apps
9) Microphone and speaker
Different recharge offers on phone:
* Rs 153 per month for free voice and SMS and unlimited data.
* Weekly plan of Rs 53 with same offer.
* Two-day plan of Rs 23 having unlimited data, unlimited talk time and unlimited SMS offer.
Reliance Jio will be the cheapest 4G feature phone in the market. To counter Jio, the big three of Indian telecom — Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular has also heavily cut prices.