Jaish-e-Mohammad Chief Masood Azhar In 'Protective Custody':Pakistan | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Jaish-e-Mohammad Chief Masood Azhar In ‘Protective Custody’:Pakistan – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

World

Jaish-e-Mohammad Chief Masood Azhar In ‘Protective Custody’:Pakistan

Published

on

Maulana Masood Azhar, blamed by India for the Pathankot air force base terror attack, has been taken into “protective custody” , Pakistan’s Punjab province law minister Rana Sanaullah said.”Masood Azhar has been taken into protective custody by the Punjab police counter-terrorism department,” Sanaullah told

Earlier, the government chose not to confirm or deny the reports that Azhar has been taken into “protective custody”.

“We have taken Maulana Azhar and his fellows under protective custody in connection with the Pathankot incident. However, we will arrest him if his involvement in the Pathankot attack is proved,” Sanaullah said.

He added that operation against banned outfits including JeM would continue under the National Action Programme.

India has identified Azhar as the mastermind of the Pathankot attack on January 2. It has also blamed his brother Rauf and five others for carrying out the attack in which seven Indian soldiers were killed along with all the six terrorists.

India has shared this information along with two Pakistani phone numbers that were made calls to by the terrorists.

According to reports, security agencies have arrested 31 activists of JeM from different parts of the province.

After a high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif yesterday, his office issued a statement which said that “several individuals” belonging to JeM have been apprehended in connection with the Pathankot terror attack and some of its offices traced and sealed.

Pakistan said that the Indo-Pak Foreign Secretary-level talks will not take place as scheduled.

Foreign Office spokesman Qazi Khalilullah told a news briefing that both sides were holding consultations to reschedule the talks

World

Prince Charles out of self-isolation, in ‘good health’

His wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, was also tested and did not have the virus, but also began self-isolating.

Published

on

Prince Charles

London, March 30 : Prince Charles, who had tested positive for coronavirus earlier this month, is out of self-isolation, his aides said on Monday.

A official of Clarence House, the Prince of Wales’ official residence, said he was in good health and was following the government’s restrictions.

“Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, the Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation,” the spokesman said, the BBC reported.

Charles, 71, spent seven days self-isolating at his home in the royal Balmoral estate in Scotland after testing positive and displaying mild symptoms.

His wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, was also tested and did not have the virus, but also began self-isolating.

Buckingham Palace previously said the Queen Elizabeth II last saw her son, the heir to the throne, on March 12, and was “in good health”.

Continue Reading

Health

20,000 ex-NHS staff return to fight virus: UK PM

Johnson’s announcement on Monday comes a day after England’s deputy chief medical officer Jenny Harries said on Sunday that it could be six months before life returns to “normal”, the BBC reported.

Published

on

By

Boris Johnson

London, March 30 : Some 20,000 former staff of the UK’s National Health Services (NHS) have returned to work to help the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has revealed in a video posted online on Monday.

Thanking the doctors, nurses and other former professionals who have returned to the NHS, as well as the 750,000 members of the public who have volunteered to help the country through the pandemic, Johnson said in the video posted on Twitter: “We are going to do it, we are going to do it together,” the BBC reported.

“One thing I think the coronavirus crisis has already proved is that there really is such a thing as society,” he said, while contradicting the view of late Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, that “there is no such thing as society”.

Johnson, who is self-isolating after testing positive for the virus last week, said the public appeared to be obeying the restrictions set out by government to slow the spread of the virus, adding that train use was down 95 per cent and bus use down 75 per cent.

In another development, a Downing Street source confirmed on Monday that Dominic Cummings, Johnson’s chief adviser, has developed symptoms of the virus and was self-isolating at home.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has also tested positive for the disease.

Johnson’s announcement on Monday comes a day after England’s deputy chief medical officer Jenny Harries said on Sunday that it could be six months before life returns to “normal”, the BBC reported.

Harries said this did not mean the country would be in “complete lockdown” for half a year, but distancing measures would be reviewed every three weeks and reduced gradually over a period of around three to six months.

However, she said it was “plausible” restrictions could continue for longer.

As of Monday, the UK has reported 19,784 confirmed coronavirus cases, with 1,231 deaths.

Continue Reading

Health

Trump extends US ‘social distancing’ guidelines to April 30

Published

on

Donald Trump MSNBC

President Donald Trump on Sunday extended the national social distancing guidelines to April 30 after suggesting that the coronavirus death rate would likely peak in two weeks.

“Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the victory has been won,” Trump said at an evening press briefing. “Therefore we will be extending our guidelines to April 30.”

The president has previously said he wants to reopen the country for business by Easter, on April 12, despite warnings from public health experts that loosening restrictions would result in unnecessary death and economic damage.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular