WeForNews | Latest News, Breaking News, News Updates Informed about people stuck due to lockdown, says markaz | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Informed about people stuck due to lockdown, says markaz

Published

on

Nizammudin
File Photo

New Delhi, March 31: At the centre of the storm after 24 coronavirus positive cases have been found in Tablighi Jamaat, the markaz Nizamuddin where 1500 people were stuck, has issued a statement that they informed the officials and sought permission to evacuate them but were denied.

The markaz has even given proof of communication between police and concerned authorities and has slammed media for misreporting.

The markaz in a statement said, “When Hon’ble Prime Minister announced the “Janata Curfew” to be observed on March 22, the ongoing program at the centre was discontinued immediately.”

While all these were happening, on March 24, 2020, a notice was issued by SHO, P.S.A Hazrat Nizamuddin, seeking closure of Markaz premises. It was responded the same day, stating that the compliance of the directions regarding closure of the Markaz is already underway as the arrangements for around 1000 visitors belonging to different states and nationalities are being provisioned wherein the concerned SDM had been requested to issue vehicle passes.

“It is relevant to indicate here that lists of 17 vehicles with registration numbers along with the names of the drivers plus their license details were submitted to the concerned SDM so that the stranded visitors/guests could be ferried towards their respective destinations. The requisite permission is still awaited,” said the statement.

On March 25, the Tehsildaar along with medical team visited the Markaz, full cooperation was provided for their inspection as well as preparation of list of visitors, it further said.

The markaz in a statement said that on March 26, 2020, the SDM visited the Markaz and after ward meeting was organised with Ld DM and again sought permission for the vehicles arranged by us and on March 27, six persons were taken for medical check-up.

On March 28, the SDM and WHO team visited the Markaz and 33 persons were taken for medical check-up to Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital.

“Surprisingly, on the same day another notice was issued, this time by the Office of ACP, Lajpat Nagar, reiterating the prohibitory orders and warning of legal action, being totally oblivious of the above deliberate steps that were already taken by the Markaz administration in consultation with the authorities.

However, the same was replied in detail vide letter dated 29th March 2020,” said the statement. But due to sudden cancellation of railways across the country on March 21, a large group of visitors got stuck in the premises.

On March 22, “Janta Curfew” was observed and visitors were advised not to venture
out until 9 p.m. as desired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister. In the meantime, the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Delhi announced a week-long lockdown of Delhi beginning 6 a.m. on the following day i.e. March 23 till March 31, thereby further diminishing the chances of their journey back home.

Suddenly, on the evening of March 23, a nationwide lockdown was announced by the Hon’ble Prime Minister with clear message for the people to stay-put wherever they are.Under such compelling circumstances, Markaz Nizamuddin was left with no option but to accommodate the stranded visitors with prescribed medical precautions.

Meanwhile, the Markaz administration was continuously putting its efforts with the help of local authorities not only for the smooth movement but also for their stay-put arrangements, the statement said.

Markaz Nizamuddin has never violated any provision of law, and always tried to act with compassion and reason towards the visitors who came to Delhi from different states and nations. It did not even let them violate the medical guidelines by thronging ISBTs or roaming on streets, the statement added.

Cities

Cops clash with sacked teachers in Tripura

Demanding a solution to the crisis, the teachers had been staging a sit-in over the last 52 days at Paradise Chowmuhani in the state capital.

Published

on

tripura teachers protest

Agartala, Jan 27 : Tension prevailed in Agartala on Wednesday, as scores of terminated school teachers demonstrated outside Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb’s official residence here, prompting the police to use tear gas and water cannons to disperse them.

Over 10,000 government school teachers were sacked last year, in accordance with a 2014 high court order, which said that their recruitment process was a faulty one. The Supreme Court later upheld the verdict.

Demanding a solution to the crisis, the teachers had been staging a sit-in over the last 52 days at Paradise Chowmuhani in the state capital.

Trouble started in the morning after the police dismantled the makeshift tent, where they had been holding the protest, and detained around 300 agitators.

Shortly after, the protesters set out on a march to the CM’s residence, notwithstanding the restrictions, even as the police tried to stop them.

A scuffle ensued, following which the police lathicharged the agitators, burst tear gas shells and sprayed them with water.

The demonstrators, in retaliation, ransacked vehicles of police and district officials.

“We had information that the movement could turn into a violent protest and there were chances of breach of peace.

The district magistrate had announced that prohibitory orders under section 144 of the CrPC have been imposed around the CM’s residence. So the gathering was illegal,” Additional Superintendent of Police Shasvat Kumar said.

According to a member of the Joint Movement Committee (JMC) — a forum created by the terminated teachers — the Tripura police dismantled the tent without any warning, when the agitators were still asleep.

Many teachers were detained forcibly by the police and taken to Tripura State Rifles (TSR) camps near here. We are not criminals. Why did the government use force?” Kamal Deb, a leader of the forum, said here, adding that several protesters sustained injuries in the melee.

Inspector General (law and order) Arindam Nath told reporters that police applied force “judiciously and with a human face”.

Under no circumstances, we could have allowed the protest near the CM’s residence, he added.

Continue Reading

India

FIR against 2,200 for involvement in Republic Day violence near Faridabad, no arrests yet

The FIR has been registered against 2,000 to 2,200 people moving on 350 to 400 tractors, who became violent with police officers, broke barricades and containers, and blocked the National Highway between 11.30 am and 12 pm near Softa village in Gadpuri, police said.

Published

on

By

Red Fort Farmers

A day after the tractor parade by farmers protesting against the recently passed three agriculture reform laws turned violent on January 26, an FIR has been filed against more than 2,000 persons over involvement in the incident.

The case against almost 2,200 protesting farmers was lodged after the head constable posted at the Gadpuri Police Station filed a complaint, reported The Indian Express.

The FIR has been registered under several sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), namely, sections 186 (obstructing public servant in discharge of public functions), 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 307 (attempt to murder), and 427 (mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees).

Sub-Inspector Hanish Khan, who is investigating the case, said: “The FIR has been registered against 2,000 to 2,200 people moving on 350 to 400 tractors, who became violent with police officers, broke barricades, and containers, and blocked the National Highway between 11.30 am and 12 pm near Softa village in Gadpuri. We are still investigating the matter and are yet to identify the accused or make any arrests.”

Notably, the FIR was lodged against those who were part of the tractor rally and had tried entering Faridabad to move towards Delhi. They were later talked into returning to Palwal.

Faridabad has since been under curfew with Section 144 being imposed “due to apprehension of any tension, damage to public property, and loss of life”.

Continue Reading

Cities

Post violence, Lal Quila metro station closed, entry to Jama Masjid station restricted

“Services at Delhi Metro stations, which were closed yesterday, had resumed late night. Lal Quila station has been closed again and entry to Jama Masjid station is restricted as of now. Normal services are there at all other stations,” a senior DMRC official said.

Published

on

Delhi Metro violet

A day after violence broke out during the farmers’ tractor parade in the national capital, Delhi Metro authorities on Wednesday shut the Lal Quila station and restricted entry to the Jama Masjid station amid heavy security deployment at the Red Fort.

A large number of metro stations in central, north and west Delhi areas, including Lal Quila, ITO, Jama Masjid, Delhi Gate, Indraprastha, were shut on Tuesday soon after the tractor parade had taken a violent turn.

“Services at Delhi Metro stations, which were closed yesterday, had resumed late night. Lal Quila station has been closed again and entry to Jama Masjid station is restricted as of now. Normal services are there at all other stations,” a senior DMRC official said.

Security has been beefed up in several places across the national capital especially at the Red Fort and farmer protest sites, with deployment of additional paramilitary forces following the violence.

Delhi Metro also took to social media to inform commuters.

First it tweeted in the morning that “Entry gates of Lal Quila metro station are closed. Exit is permitted at this station. All other stations are open. Normal services on all lines”.

Later in another tweet, it updated that “Entry/exit gates of Lal Quila metro station are closed. Entry gates of Jama Masjid metro station are closed”.

Average waiting time at Saket metro station on Yellow Line was 35 minutes. In case of any fluctuations in crowd, the waiting time will be informed accordingly, the DMRC had informed in another tweet.

However, in a successive tweet, it said: “Peak Hour Update The average waiting time for Saket has normalised”.

The Delhi Metro currently operates on a network of about 390 kilometres with 285 stations spanning 11 corridors (including NOIDA – Greater NOIDA).

The tractor parade on Tuesday that was to highlight the demands of the farmer unions to repeal three new agri laws dissolved into anarchy on the streets of the city as tens of thousands of protesters broke through barriers, fought with police, overturned vehicles and hoisted a religious flag from the ramparts of the iconic Red Fort.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular