New Delhi, July 13: Indian travellers like to prefer international destination Bali and Krabi over other destinations, say experts.
Havelock and Kasol are the preferences in India.
Experts at online travel companies MakeMyTrip, Gofro and Abhijit Mishra, Country Director India at KAYAK, have listed out the trends catching up this year during the rainy season.
* 27 per cent more trips are being made by Indians this monsoon compared to last year. While 60 per cent more Indians travelled to international destinations during monsoon.
* Top leisure destinations during this period are Goa, Manali, Mysore, Ooty, Shimla, Munnar, Kochi, Mahabaleshwar and Nainital while Havelock, Kasol, Neemrana, Silvassa and Lansdowne are some of the favourite destinations this season.
Top international destinations continue to be Dubai, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia while the fastest growing international destinations during the monsoon period are Bali, Krabi, Toronto, Seychelles and Seoul.
* Kerala remains the preferred location for Indian travellers planning their domestic holidays. Roughly 30 per cent of the travellers search for Kerala bookings because of the beauty of beaches of Kovalam and Varkala and the lush hill retreats of Munnar and Vagamon.
* Goa remains pretty stable during the entire season with approximately 25 per cent searches for this all year.
* The general searches for domestic destinations have increased monthly at an average of 30 per cent.