Indian Army commanders' meet kicks off amid Chinese aggression | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Indian Army commanders’ meet kicks off amid Chinese aggression – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

Indian Army commanders’ meet kicks off amid Chinese aggression

The last meeting took place on Sunday but many things remained unresolved, said source, adding that more commander level talks are in pipeline to resolve the issues.

Published

on

India China Border Sikkim

New Delhi, May 27 : Indian Army Commanders’ Conference kicked off in New Delhi on Wednesday wherein discussion over China frontier in Sikkim, Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh would be done at great length. The conference was planned much before the tension with China in eastern Ladakh region.

Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane is presiding over the conference. The top commanders of the force are attending the meeting and all security issues, including the Chinese aggression in Ladakh will come up for discussion during it, said a senior Indian Army officer.

The Army Commanders’ Conference, an apex level biannual event which facilitates conceptual level deliberations culminating in important policy decisions scheduled for April 2020 and postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic, will now be organised in two phases.

The first phase of the conference began on Wednesday and would continue till May 29, 2020 and the second phase in the last week of June 2020.

The apex level leadership of Indian Army will brainstorm on current emerging security and administrative challenges and chart the future course for Indian Army.

To ensure due diligence, decisions are taken through collegiate system comprising Army commanders and senior officers.

During the first phase, which has started at the South Block, various aspects pertaining to operational and administrative issues including studies related to logistics and human resources will be discussed. This also includes the emerging situation along the Line of Actual Control with China.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held discussion over prevailing ground situation or face-off in Ladakh. Singh met Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and three service chiefs to understand the ground situation and to discuss the next move of the forces.

Singh was briefed about Indian response in matching up to the Chinese troops mobilisation. It was clarified during the meeting that Indian Army will hold its fort and talks to diffuse the situation would continue. It was also decided in the meeting that road constructions must continue and Indian fortifications and troop deployment must match the Chinese.

For the last few weeks, Indian Army and China’s People’s Liberation Army held several meetings to resolve face-off in Eastern Ladakh at the Line of Actual Control, however no breakthrough has taken place yet.

The last meeting took place on Sunday but many things remained unresolved, said source, adding that more commander level talks are in pipeline to resolve the issues.

Sources said that there have been five rounds of talks between military commanders on the ground but there is no breakthrough.

Cities

Three-day lockdown in UP from Friday night

Published

on

up police

Lucknow, July 9 : The Yogi Adityanath government on Thrsday announced a three-day lockdown in Uttar Pradesh from 10 p.m. on Friday to 5.a.m. on Monday.

All markets, food grain markets and other establishments will remain closed during this period and the supply of essentials will be ensured through doorstep delivery.

The movement of trains and air services will continue but road transport will be shut down. Buses, however, will be made available to air and train passengers.

Petrol pumps and hospitals will function normally.

The three-day lockdown is being enforced in view of the spurt in number of Corona cases in the state.

An official statement said that goods carriers will be allowed to operate and construction activities will also continue.

Continue Reading

India

India, China military talks next week on disengagement

It also stated that there have been some inaccurate and uninformed comments about the disengagement process and its implications.

Published

on

By

India China Ladakh Border

New Delhi, July 9 : Top Indian and Chinese military officials will hold talks next week in the second phase of disengagement at Pangong Lake and Depsang areas in eastern Ladakh, the government said on Thursday.

The delegates of both countries will discuss about removing tanks, artillery and additional forces in forward positions.

“The next meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China border affairs (WMCC) is expected to take place soon,” the External Affairs Ministry said.

The Chinese People”s Liberation Army troops have pulled back from Galwan Valley, Patrolling Point 15 and Hot Springs.

In the meantime, the Ministry of External Affairs said that Special Representatives of India and China on the boundary talks – National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Wang Yi, Chinese State Councillor and Minister of Foreign Affairs – had a phone conversation on July 5.

The two Special Representatives had a frank and in-depth exchange of views on the recent developments in the Western Sector of the India-China border areas.

During the conversation, Doval conveyed categorically India”s position on the recent developments along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) including in the Galwan valley area.

NSA emphasised in this context that the Indian troops had always taken a very responsible approach towards border management and at the same time, our forces were deeply committed to ensuring India”s sovereignty and security.

During their conversation the two representatives agreed that peace and tranquillity in border areas was essential for the overall development of bilateral relations.

“In this regard they also shared the view that it was necessary to ensure at the earliest complete disengagement of the troops along the LAC and de-escalation in the India-China border areas for full restoration of peace and tranquillity in accordance with the bilateral agreements and protocols,” the ministry said.

One of the key provisions of these bilateral agreements is the commitment that the two sides shall strictly respect and observe the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The ministry also said that the representatives have also agreed that the two sides should work together to avoid any incident in the future that could disturb peace in border areas.

The diplomatic and military officials of both sides will continue their meetings to take forward the process of disengagement and de-escalation as agreed to by the Special Representatives, the ministry stated.

It also stated that there have been some inaccurate and uninformed comments about the disengagement process and its implications.

“Let me remind you that in the last few weeks, we have made several statements spelling out categorically the position of the government on different aspects of the current situation in the Western Sector of India-China border areas,” the Ministry spokesperson said.

“They included our position that recent Chinese claims to the Galwan Valley area are exaggerated and untenable; that the LAC must be strictly respected and observed as this is the basis for peace and tranquillity in the border areas; and that neither side should take any unilateral action to alter it.”

Continue Reading

India

Nepal bans all Indian news channels except Doordarshan

Earlier, Nepal has amended its map which show some Indian territory as part of it.

Published

on

By

KP Oli Napali PM

New Delhi, July 10 : Nepal has banned all Indian news channels, except DD News, for alleged propaganda against the country.

Reports say that Nepal cable operators have stopped getting signals of Indian news channels.

Nepal government spokesperson Yuvaraj Khatiwada said: “We request all not to disseminate news that infringes sovereignty and self-respect of Nepalis. This includes the media of neighbouring countries. We might seek both political and legal remedies.”

Earlier, Nepal has amended its map which show some Indian territory as part of it.

Nepal’s parliament on June 13 adopted unanimously the Constitution Amendment Bill, paving the way for accommodating the updated political-administrative map, which includes Indian areas of Kalapani, Lipulekh and Limpiyadhura, in its symbol.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular