India vs South Africa 3rd T20I: Unchanged India bat first in Bengaluru | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs India vs South Africa 3rd T20I: Unchanged India bat first in Bengaluru – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Sports

India vs South Africa 3rd T20I: Unchanged India bat first in Bengaluru

Published

on

India vs south africa women

Bengaluru, Sep 22 India have elected to bat first at the M. Chinnaswamy stadium here on Sunday in the third and final T20I against South Africa.

India lead the three-match series 1-0 following their victory in Mohali on Wednesday while the first match in Dharamsala was washed out without a ball being bowled on September 15.

India skipper Virat Kohli said the hosts have gone in with an unchanged XI from the second T20I in Mohali. South Africa have made one change to their side with Beuran Hendricks replacing Anrich Nortje.

“Looks like a nice wicket. I know this is a ground where teams have chased well. But going into the T20 World Cup, we want to improve on a few things as a team. Batting first is an area we want to improve upon. Batting first is something we’re also looking to strengthen.

“Results are always a priority, but we need to get out of our comfort zone also. Come the World Cup, toss is not in your control, you should be able to perform whether batting or bowling first. Have a few plans in mind, will be looking to executing those,” Kohli said at the toss.

South Africa skipper Quinton de Kock said that the Proteas will be looking to make improvements upon their performance in the second T20I that ended in a seven-wicket loss for them.

“It will be a good wicket anyway, whether we batted or bowled. We will have to try and compete, be the best players we can be. Last match was up and down for the team. We will try to learn from our mistakes,” de Kock said.

Playing XI
South Africa: Quinton de Kock(c/wk), Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Bjorn Fortuin, Kagiso Rabada, Beuran Hendricks, Tabraiz Shamsi

India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Shreyas Iyer, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini

Sports

Rohit Sharma surpasses Bradman, adds another feather to his cap

Published

on

By

Rohit Sharma

Ranchi, Oct 20 : Rohit Sharma has silenced his critics with his continuous good run with the bat in the ongoing series against South Africa, proving his mettle as a Test opener.

The Mumbai batsman has so far notched up two centuries and a double ton in the ongoing three-Test series against the Proteas and his knock of 212 on Sunday has helped him break Don Bradman’s record for the highest Test average at home after 10-plus innings.

Rohit now averages 99.84 at home, edging past Bradman’s average of 98.22. Rohit has now amassed 1,298 runs in 18 innings in Tests at home, which includes six centuries and five half-centuries.

The Mumbai batsman struck his maiden double century in Test cricket on Sunday as India declared on 497/9 and reduced South Africa to 9/2 before bad light brought an early end to the second day’s play in the the third Test.

In the process, Rohit also became the fourth batsman to hit a double hundred both in Test and ODI cricket, emulating Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag and Chris Gayle.

Continue Reading

Sports

Nadal ties knot with longtime girlfriend

Published

on

Rafael Nadal

Mallorca, Oct 20 Tennis star Rafael Nadal has tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend of 14 years, Xisca Perello, at a castle here.

According to reports in the Spanish media, Nadal, a 19-time grand slam winner, had more than 300 guests invited for the wedding.

The nuptials with Perello was performed at a British-owned fortress.

The 33-year old Nadal met his wife through his younger sister Maribel, a childhood friend of Perello.

Continue Reading

Sports

After Nikhat, Pinki questions rule tweak to accommodate Mary Kom

“What are we doing here? We have also come into the camp as national champions. I had defeated Mary Kom in the trials before 2014 Commonwealth Games. Then there’s no reason why I cannot defeat her again.

Published

on

By

Boxer Pinki Jangra

New Delhi, Oct 19 : Boxer Pinki Jangra has backed Nikhat Zareen’s demand for a fair trial for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and wondered why the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) was tweaking the rules and favouring six-time champion Mary Kom.

Speaking to IANS, Pinki said, “On Thursday, I came to know that Mary Kom would not be competing in the trials and will be directly sent to the qualifiers. This is not right. The same thing happened before the World Championships. We had then also raised our concerns but we were told that rules are different for different tournaments and that trials would be conducted for qualifiers.”

Mary Kom has maintained that she would go by the decision taken by the federation, which had earlier stated that only the gold and silver-winners from the world event would be given direct selection for the Olympic qualifiers.

“What are we doing here? We have also come into the camp as national champions. I had defeated Mary Kom in the trials before 2014 Commonwealth Games. Then there’s no reason why I cannot defeat her again. I know she is a legend and I have huge respect for her. But if she is a legend, then why is she not competing in trials? We will feel satisfied if she defeats us and goes to the Qualifiers.”

“We also have the same goal as qualifying for the Olympics just like Mary Kom. We also want to represent India at the world stage but for that we need an opportunity first,” she added.

Pinki, the 2014 Commonwealth Games bronze medallist, further said that she has demanded a clarification from her coaches as to why the rules are being changed. “If I don’t get a clarification, I will write to the BFI. If by Monday I don’t get a response, I will personally go and meet the BFI President.”

Nikhat had written a letter to Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday, demanding that she should be given a trial bout against Mary Kom before the Indian squad for next year’s Olympic qualifiers in China is decided.

Rijiju, however, steered clear of the controversy, saying he can only ask the federation to decide what is best for the nation and athletes.

This was after the BFI stated that it intends to pick Mary Kom (51kg) for the Tokyo Olympic qualifiers slated to be held in Wuhan from February 3 to 14 on the back of her recent bronze medal at the world championships in Russia.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular