India on Sunday reported 18,711 fresh coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total tally in the country to 1,12,10,799, according to the latest update by Union Health Ministry.
A total of 100 people died due to the infection in the last 24 hours, taking the Covid-19 death toll in the country to 1,57,756.
With this, the total number of active Covid-19 cases in the country stood at 1,84,523, the Union Health Ministry said.
Here is all you need to know about the Covid situation in India:
- The total number of people who were discharged from hospitals across the country after recovering from the deadly disease stood at 1,08,68,520.
- As of 8 am on Sunday, the total number of active coronavirus cases in India stood at 1,84,523, the Union Health Ministry said.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands did not report any new Covid-19 case in the last two days, a health department official said.
- Till now, a total of 2,09,22,344 people have been vaccinated against the novel coronavirus since the rollout of inoculation drive in the country.
- The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said the state has become the first in the country to have administered more than 20 lakh Covid-19 vaccines.
- The Centre has outlined SOPs for vaccination of healthcare workers and frontline staff who could not get registered for it through the CoWIN app for some reasons.
- The Centre has asked states and union territories witnessing surge in new Covid-19 cases and high active caseload to continue with the strategy of “test, track and treat” that had yielded rich dividends at the height of the pandemic and accelerate vaccination for priority population groups in districts reporting higher infections on mission mode.
- With the national capital registering an upsurge in Covid-19 cases, there has been a rise of over 37 per cent in the number of people under home isolation here and a steady increase in the count of containment zones in the last seven days.
- In view of the rising coronavirus cases, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan instructed the state authorities to make it mandatory for the travellers coming from Maharashtra to carry a negative Covid-19 test report.
- India on Saturday had recorded 18,327 new Covid-19 cases and 108 deaths due to the infection.