Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad has emerged as the number one best business school in the country and second in Asia, according to “Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking”.
While IIM Calcutta ranked two in the country and third in Asia.
A total of 104 B-Schools participated globally in this year’s survey.
Last year, IIM Ahmedabad was ranked number 21 and IIM Calcutta was at 23rd position globally.
These rankings are based on the data collected from top 10 B-Schools on the various subjects they teach.
Below we have enlisted top 10 business schools in Asia:
1. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Antai- China
2. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad- India
3. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta- India
4. Skema Business School- China
5. Indian Institute of Management Bangalore- India
6. Tongji University School of Economics and Management- China
7. Grenoble Ecole de Management- Singapore
8. IQS/FJU/USF- Taiwan
9. Hult International Business School- China
10. Singapore Management University, Lee Kong Chian- Singapore
According to the release, the rankings were calculated according to the information collected through two separate surveys: the first one was conducted by the business schools and the second by alumni who graduated in 2015.
The academic infrastructure, sports facilities and all other possible areas of resources have gained substantially and as per the world standard to attract more and more international students.
“Our alliance with CEMS and ESCP Europe have paved the way to garner double degree programme a success. Coupled with student exchange programme with globally well-known business schools, currently IIM Calcutta is tied up with over 100 such schools and the exchange programme is gaining momentum every year.
“In 2017-18, 133 students from IIM Calcutta participated in exchange programme, while 87 students from partner schools spent their term at IIM Calcutta,” it added.