If only PM Modi's promises were delivered ,nation would have celebrated, says Kapil Sibal | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs If only PM Modi’s promises were delivered, nation would have celebrated, says Kapil Sibal – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

India

If only PM Modi’s promises were delivered, nation would have celebrated, says Kapil Sibal

Published

on

Kapil Sibal

New Delhi, Aug 28 : In a sharp attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal on Tuesday said mega plans rolled out by the BJP-led NDA government had failed to take off.

He stated that if PM Modi’s promises were delivered on the ground just like the  manner in which Neeraj Chopra became the first Indian javelin-thrower to win an Asian Games gold medal, India would have celebrated, but, Alas, “PM sells dreams without delivery.”

“If only PM’s promises were delivered on the ground as surely as Neeraj Chopra’s Javelin throw, the nation would have won gold and celebrated. But our PM sells dreams without delivery. Sarkar hatao, Desh Bachao,” Kapil Sibal tweeted.

Neeraj Chopra became the first Indian javelin-thrower to win an Asian Games gold medal as he shattered his own national record by clearing a distance of 88.06m in Jakarta on Monday.

Now the opposition’s cry is “BJP Bhagao, Desh Bachao” (drive BJP out and save the country).

Various like-minded parties who are supporting Congress are coming out in support of a nationwide campaign ‘BJP Hatao- Desh Bachao.

The CPI will launch a nationwide campaign ‘BJP Hatao- Desh Bachao’ from September 1 to 12, while the campaign in Telangana is from September 26 to 29.

Mamata Banerjee, chief minister of West Bengal launched “BJP Hatao, Desh Bachao (remove BJP, save the country) campaign on August 15 and a mega rally for the same has been planned for January 19.

Cities

UP STF ”script” goes wrong, questions abound over ”encounter”

A retired DGP, meanwhile, said that Vikas had been eliminated to save some political leaders.

Published

on

By

Vikas Dubey

Lucknow, July 10 : “The Special Task Force (STF) now has very bad script writers and the Vikas Dubey story proves it. Why would someone, who had surrendered on Thursday in Madhya Pradesh to escape being killed, try to escape on Friday,” said a senior police officer, who has been one of the founding officers of the STF in Uttar Pradesh.

The functioning of the STF, which has been probing the July 3 incident in which eight policemen were killed, is now facing flak for its botched-up operations, including the killing of Vikas Dubey in an alleged encounter earlier in the day.

“The biggest failure of the STF is its failure to track down the gangster who was in Kanpur for two days after the massacre. We investigated a similar case of Shri Prakash Shukla in 1997-98 and tracked his every movement before the encounter. Dubey was using his mobile in between but the STF could not pin him down,” the officer said.

Samajwadi Party President Akhilesh Yadav said: “The SUV has not overturned, it is the government that has overturned. The political links of the gangster have been quietly buried in the investigations and people will never know the truth.”

Congress spokesman Surendra Rajput said: “Our fears have come true. After his surrender in Madhya Pradesh yesterday, I had voiced my apprehension whether Vikas Dubey would be brought back safely. The encounter theory of the STF is surprisingly similar. Both Prabhat (who was killed in encounter on Thursday) and Vikas were killed in police custody. The entire episode calls for a high-level inquiry.”

A retired DGP, meanwhile, said that Vikas had been eliminated to save some political leaders.

“The entire scenario is crystal clear. His photographs with politicians, top government officers had been going viral on the social media and it is obvious that he was better dead than alive. The people know what is the truth and the issue will snowball into a major controversy.

Senior Congress leader Jitin Prasada said: “With the end of Vikas Dubey in custody, the government has ensured that the trail which would have exposed his nexus with people in positions of power who allowed criminals like him to flourish, has ended too.”

Netizens, too are questioning the killing of Vikas Dubey.

Nilesh Pandit tweeted, “Surrender kiya tha fir kyu encounter kiya? (If he had surrendered then why kill him?)”

Surbhi Rajpoot tweeted, “Police killed Vikas Dubey in fake encounter to hide the face of corrupt bureaucrats and police.”

Chaiti Narula tweeted, “He just knew too much. This is a classic suggestive sign of #VikasDubey knowing too much about too many politicians and the police force!”

Continue Reading

Cities

Hours before Dubey’s encounter, plea in SC apprehended Vikas’ fate

Hours later on Friday, Dubey was killed after being critically injured in an alleged shootout with STF officials on way to Kanpur. He was shot when he reportedly tried to flee, following a road accident in which the vehicle he was travelling in overturned.

Published

on

By

Supreme Court

New Delhi, July 10 : A plea has been moved in the Supreme Court seeking directions for the Uttar Pradesh government to conduct a thorough investigation into the killing/alleged encounter of five aides of gangster Vikas Dubey who might have been involved in the killing of eight policemen in Kanpur on July 3.

The petitioner also expressed apprehension of Dubey”s encounter killing and sought CBI probe into the matter. The plea was moved on Thursday evening by advocate and petitioner-in-person Ghanshyam Upadhyay seeking urgent hearing on the matter.

Hours later on Friday, Dubey was killed after being critically injured in an alleged shootout with STF officials on way to Kanpur. He was shot when he reportedly tried to flee, following a road accident in which the vehicle he was travelling in overturned.

The plea contended the debates on news channels indicate that Dubey got himself arrested by Madhya Pradesh police to avoid his encounter by Uttar Pradesh police. “Thus, there is every possibility that even accused Vikas Dubey shall be killed by Uttar Pradesh Police like other co-accused once his custody is obtained by Uttar Pradesh Police. Since, killing of the accused by the police in the name of encounter even in howsoever heinous crime is against the rule of law and serious violation of human right and this is nothing short of Talibanisation of the country and hence the instant petition,” said the plea.

The plea contended that acts of Uttar Pradesh Police/administration of pulling down/demolishing the residential building, shopping mall of Dubey and also his expensive cars/vehicles and various other movable/immovable properties with the help of bulldozer, JCB, Poclain machines is highly illegal and impermissible in law.

“Punishing the accused/culprit after his crime being proved, is the function of the competent court of law and thus, police cannot usurp jurisdiction to itself to punish the accused by killing him in the name of encounter before his crime being proved in accordance with law,” said the plea.

The petitioner urged the top court to direct the UP police to register an FIR in the incident of pulling down/demolishing the residential building, shopping mall of accused Vikas Dubey and so all his expensive cars/vehicles and various other movable/immovable properties with the help of bulldozer, JCB machines and further killing of five co-accused, who were alleged to be involved in killing of eight policemen and transfer the investigations to the Central Bureau of Investigation.

Continue Reading

India

People to watch on process of disengagement at LAC: Chidambaram

The People’s Liberation Army of China has called back troops from Galwan Valley, Patrolling Point 15 and Hot Springs, said reports.

Published

on

P Chidambaram

New Delhi, July 10 : Amid reports of second round of talks with Chinese authorities on disengagement at Line of Actual Control (LAC), former Union Minister P. Chidambaram said that people will watch the process and progress of the disengagement.

In a tweet on Friday Chidambaram said, “We are generally happy with the disengagement and de-escalation…People will keep a close watch on the Process and the Progress of disengagement…But let us remember, the declared goal is restoration of status quo ante as on May 5, 2020.”

As per reports top Indian and Chinese military officials will hold talks in the second phase of disengagement at Pangong Lake and Depsang areas in eastern Ladakh, the government had said on Thursday.

The delegates of both countries will discuss about removing tanks, artillery and additional forces in forward positions.

“The next meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China border affairs (WMCC) is expected to take place soon,” the External Affairs Ministry said.

The People’s Liberation Army of China has called back troops from Galwan Valley, Patrolling Point 15 and Hot Springs, said reports.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular